Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh and I love it too!

Click here for pics.

I washed and waxed her last night, the Black is phenomenal! I love it! The Paint quality, amazing.

Just had the 22,500 miles service done, right now she's at 51.5k, drives like a cloud on the freeway, yet nimble in town. I've made the ESP light flash a few times already :D :p

Few questions. Why is the steering so heavy? It takes quite a bit of effort to manuver this car at low speed. Next, what's up with the sound system? Bose is no revolutionary thing, but my Honda has stock speakers (11 year old stock speakers...) that sound MUCH better. What are ou guys putting your settings at for listening top a mix of Country, pop, hip hop, R&B etc. I'm adjusting it for every song it seems. Not fun.

Lastly, where's the First Aid Kit? The manual says it's got one (doesn't say it's an option), but it's not on the rear shelf as far as I can tell? ~scratches head~

Thanks for any help, and thanks for looking at my pics! Tell me what you think!
Tyler

·
Registered
C 240 02'
59 Posts
i got the same exact car, year,color,model..the first aid kid in my car in in the back, right above da backseat rest ull see it..

and my sound is great..i keep my bass up..just play around with it til u find the best sound to your ears, and goodluck with it!

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
congrats and welcome.

1. steering is heavy because the powersteering is not overboost like the JDM which you can drive with 1 finger.

2. BOSE does suck...period. For better sound you can get the Nav or the the Audio-10 which is a single din CD changer head unit OR simply go with a aftermarket unit and lose steering wheel controls, but it'll sound better.

3. First-aid kit is on the rear dash under the passender side "fake" speaker cover.

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,142 Posts
I have a 2003 and my first-aid kit is located on the left-hand-side just behind the wheel well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Thanks for the replies!

I def. like the steering in the Hodna alot better, but the biggest issue is getting over the huge difference in each car everytime I switch! The driving dynamics of each vehicle are two worlds apart, yet I can't say that the Benz really does handle any better than the Accord besides in the understeer department. The Accord is much more nimble of a vehicle, and is honestly much more fun to drive. Maybe something's wrong with me!?

I'll go lok for that first aid kit tomorrow, I never even noticed it wasn't a speaker, where is the pass speaker???

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
there is no passenger speaker. there's only one bass speaker on the rear dash since MB is too cheap to put a second one in for the C-class. unlike other higher end models...LOL

is ur accord modded? if that's the case then yea, you might feel the accord is more nimble. The C-class is not consider light weight in anyway compare to those mid 90's accords. If you do start modding the C and put it through it's paces I'm sure the C will out handle the Accord.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FrankW said:
there is no passenger speaker. there's only one bass speaker on the rear dash since MB is too cheap to put a second one in for the C-class. unlike other higher end models...LOL

is ur accord modded? if that's the case then yea, you might feel the accord is more nimble. The C-class is not consider light weight in anyway compare to those mid 90's accords. If you do start modding the C and put it through it's paces I'm sure the C will out handle the Accord.
Wow. That's really crummy. Never gonna understand that speaker situation on a Benz... I'm speechless.:crybaby2: :eek:

Nope, my Accord is not modded, it is considerably lighter though, and responds to inputs quickly, though not as precisely as the C240. However, the C240 feels solid as a tank. It's a very safe feeling. I like that. What are some good starts as far as modding goes? I'd like the avoid the kind of mods that end up wearing other parts of the car down (ie. suspension mods etc.) faster than with stock equipment. I'm not looing forward to repairing this car in the future, which is why I'm not so sure wit will be around come Jan of 2009 when the warranty expires. We'll see. :confused:

wfl225 said:
Great looking car, Congratulations!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 C320 2004 lexus is300
75 Posts
MBC240 said:
Wow. That's really crummy. Never gonna understand that speaker situation on a Benz... I'm speechless.:crybaby2: :eek:

Nope, my Accord is not modded, it is considerably lighter though, and responds to inputs quickly, though not as precisely as the C240. However, the C240 feels solid as a tank. It's a very safe feeling. I like that. What are some good starts as far as modding goes? I'd like the avoid the kind of mods that end up wearing other parts of the car down (ie. suspension mods etc.) faster than with stock equipment. I'm not looing forward to repairing this car in the future, which is why I'm not so sure wit will be around come Jan of 2009 when the warranty expires. We'll see. :confused:

Thanks!

You can pick up bi-xenon headlamps, s-class styled taillights, '05 blinkers for a start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts