Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While getting on the freeway the other day I had to romp on the throttle. The CEL came on and it started to run like shit. I found a safe place and pulled over and turned it off. After a minute I turned it back on and it was running fine, After I got home that afternoon I checked the codes and it had missfire cylinder #4. So I ordered a new coil pack and Bosch irredium spark plugs. I installed the coil pack today and it seems to have more power. It must have been bad for a while because I noticed my gas milage has been getting worse than before. I am going camping this weekend so I don't have time to install the plugs. I will install them next week and let you all know how they work...

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
rudedude, after replacing the new coil pack and the spark plugs, have you driven with full throttle (or enough to trigger the kick-down switch)? That will verify whether you have indeed solved the problem or not.

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rudedude, after replacing the new coil pack and the spark plugs, have you driven with full throttle (or enough to trigger the kick-down switch)? That will verify whether you have indeed solved the problem or not.
As I stated I have not changed the plugs yet but I did romp on it a few times and the thrill is definately back with no CEL...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts