Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
680 Posts
That looks cool! Not overdone - just right. Congrats. Great job detailing too. Are those 18 inch wheels?

Cheers

·
Registered
2001 E320
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they are 17s, get this, i got them off an e500 with brand new conti's for $350.....the guy was selling them on ebay and didnt want to ship them, he was only 1hr 45 min away.......

thanks

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
680 Posts
That's great mate. Enjoy.

·
Registered
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
283 Posts
masokolson said:
Ok so I finally got some pics of my 2001 E320......what do yall think about the upgraded wheels and eyes

And what are yalls thoughts on clear side markers
Gorgeous !!!. Love those 17" from the E500.

I wouldn't put the clear side marker on. I think it look somewhat ricey. If they have a smoke one, then definitely nice.

·
Registered
2001 E320
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree with the smoke comment, i stumbled across a picture on this site of someones black with clear headlights and markers...kinda ricey....would love to see one with clear headlights and smoke markers though

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic
206 Posts
masokolson said:
No they are 17s, get this, i got them off an e500 with brand new conti's for $350.....the guy was selling them on ebay and didnt want to ship them, he was only 1hr 45 min away.......

thanks
Did you have to use different lugnuts or did you use the original ones ?

·
Registered
1996 E320
55 Posts
Very nice benz3000!!! I was thinking about getting me a set of those wheels for my E320 cause makes it look clean. I didn't know they came in 17" all I ever find them in are 16".

Personally I think you should stick with the stock side markers. I feel like it helps retain the car's class. I have to agree with the other comments...clear markers = too RICEY:D

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
kaleiapuno said:
Personally I think you should stick with the stock side markers. I feel like it helps retain the car's class. I have to agree with the other comments...clear markers = too RICEY:D
+1 or you can body match it with clear coat of course!

·
Registered
2001 E320
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
benz3000 said:
Did you have to use different lugnuts or did you use the original ones ?
practice putting on your spare youll be in for a surprise.....

sorry not trying to be smart ass i just had to do it....for some strange reason the engineers left over from the nazi days decided to put lug bolts instead of nuts.....our cars dont have lug nuts...and yes you can hit me

Cant remember the proper size for the conversion and i needed spacers up front until i lost some profile.....but do a search for "ball seat"....i think its like an 11mm to 14mm conversion bolt or something along those lines...ill try to dig it up, but if you wanna do it the infos on this forum somewhere....maybe someone out there remembers the link....but let em tell you it was the most disappointing experience finding the bolts waiting for them to get in and the wheels not clearing and then i had to track down spacers....nightmare....i HATE/DESPISE/DETEST/LOATHE the stock rims and i was forced to stare at my rims all pretty and new just sitting there....drove me bout crazy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts