Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well now. After 3 weeks of not being able to drive my w140 yesterday night i got my brake lines installed, then i had my accumulators installed.

My mechanic is my cousin like i always mentioned lol. but wow what a difference after the new accumulators. we had two of his mechanics sit in the back seat and we had my friend and my cousin's son in the trunk and me and my cousin were sitting on the edge of the trunk(not on the actual trunk but that area above the luminous band). and the sls raised up back to its normal height within a couple of seconds :) after a while of driving the suspension kept on getting softer. i lost the bouncy low-rider feeling.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the paint will fall off.
lmao. the rodeo test is only for cars with airmatic. and not trying to make anyone jealous. if only i could pack up my car with people and record the car rising :)

my w140 had about 1250 pounds in the rear of the car at that time.

but i am having another issue hope someone can help. the spare tire is kind of wobbling and makes an annoying sound over the bigger imperfect roads of California.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
but i am having another issue hope someone can help. the spare tire is kind of wobbling and makes an annoying sound over the bigger imperfect roads of California.
Just remove what ever is stuck under it, could be a pile of bits they forgot to put back

·
6,543 Posts
lmao. the rodeo test is only for cars with airmatic. and not trying to make anyone jealous. if only i could pack up my car with people and record the car rising :)

my w140 had about 1250 pounds in the rear of the car at that time.

The rodeo is used done on the 215 as well and the 230,,, very expensive when parts fail, and they do often, in fact I dont want to be reminded. My 230 cost me almost £5k in 30 k miles

·
6,543 Posts
But that 220 looks so nice, very nice in fact, you do not seem to have so many tin worms eating them away like we have in the UK

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the body was perfect and the interior was brand new, every thing was redone and it had an original lorinser body kit. but it was having too many issues with suspension and engine ticks. i have some parts from that car i wanted to sell. i have the original taillights from 00-02, side-markers oem, the mirror leds, and the headlights. since i face-lifted that car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts