Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took a couple hours today but wasnt anywhere near as long as i anticipated since i hooked it up to my amp in the trunk. i got the 2 tko 9.2 inch built into the headrest for dirt cheap at uncle steves on canal street..ill post pictures soon-- weather in new jersey is killin me

·
Registered
CLK500 - ML320
831 Posts
ml3addict said:
took a couple hours today but wasnt anywhere near as long as i anticipated since i hooked it up to my amp in the trunk. i got the 2 tko 9.2 inch built into the headrest for dirt cheap at uncle steves on canal street..ill post pictures soon-- weather in new jersey is killin me
damn, everyone's doin the 9.2's now

gotta sell mine now and do something a little different

·
Registered
1997 W210 E320, 1999 W163 ML430, 2002 W203 C240
761 Posts
Tv's are a must these days.. I want 10" Tv's now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
Just curious... What's your protection from theft/vandalism?

Detane... Do your rear seats fold individually (3 folding backrest)?

·
Registered
'05 ML350
84 Posts
ml3addict said:
ML3ADDICT: I tried to PM you but your INBOX is full.

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
i hate to say that.. but what is the radiation level of these units? isn't it harmful to mount them directly behind your head?

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
Bogie said:
Just curious... What's your protection from theft/vandalism?

Detane... Do your rear seats fold individually (3 folding backrest)?

Bogie, all 98-2000 MLs have this privilege of 3 folding separately seats. you gotta trade your explorer for one of these.... ;)

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
Detane, I don't know if you've noticed, but the grab-handle above your front passenger door is upside down or broken... just thought you might want to know.

·
Registered
02 S430 - 00 ML55 - 91 NSX
259 Posts
I got TKO 9.2" too.. They look sooo nice. too bad I have to drive. I could never enjoy them. They look totally stock from the front.

10" was about $40 more. but it looked too weird.. the headrest is way oversized. I think 9.2 is just fine. Notice TKO headrest have almost no vinyl edges next to the installed screen.

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
bocabenz said:
Detane, I don't know if you've noticed, but the grab-handle above your front passenger door is upside down or broken... just thought you might want to know.
yeah, seems like its been installed upside down or is it a new mod? :D

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
CAHEK said:
yeah, seems like its been installed upside down or is it a new mod? :D

My guess is that the spring is no longer functioning. No! Wait! You're right! That IS weird.

See!!! Post a pic here and everyone debugs it, whether you asked or not! :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bogie said:
My guess is that the spring is no longer functioning. No! Wait! You're right! That IS weird.

See!!! Post a pic here and everyone debugs it, whether you asked or not! :)
I also see a missing sun visor on the passenger side.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
CAHEK said:
that's so called "hater vision". discussed in another thread.
OK, got it, Thanks.

I have to comment that it may be one of the stupider things EVER. That and the snow maker from pimp my ride. But hey, to each their own....

·
Registered
ML 270 cdi FINAL EDITION - SLK 200 EDIT10N Allanite Grey MAGNO
153 Posts
fkong777 said:
I got TKO 9.2" too.. They look sooo nice. too bad I have to drive. I could never enjoy them. They look totally stock from the front.

10" was about $40 more. but it looked too weird.. the headrest is way oversized. I think 9.2 is just fine. Notice TKO headrest have almost no vinyl edges next to the installed screen.

How many work hours the screen instalation and total cost?

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tko monitors come built it...installation im not so sure about i did it myself...id say around 200 from like best buy or something like that

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
again, what about security? My explorer was broken into on the street. They didn't get anything, but I'd be pissed if someone broke into my ML.

·
Registered
259 Posts
M L R said:
How many work hours the screen instalation and total cost?
My 2 TKO with headrest came in just under $300. DIY install took about 1 hr for the headrest itself. ML install was simple 2 screw to open the back of the seat and 6 screw for the center console to run wires.

Prob need more time to connect it to you audio and Video system source

1 - 20 of 32 Posts