Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bolt.com/dieselmann/video/790135

sorry it took so long guys ,but i had to bite the bullet and lose alot of the quality and go to flash.

Hope you all like...the next vid at the next meet will have better camera stability.....(i will pay attention)

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
I loved that movie! it was so cool, cant wait till next time!!!! I love it where garrets rollin the smoke!

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300TD wagon
1,048 Posts
Please tell me someone else was taking all those videos while you were driving right? If not, you've got some impressive juggling skills my friend.

·
Registered
78s 240D&300D (w123s)
2,403 Posts
OMG! Whos mercedes had a hole in the muffler that make it sound like an old Mack Diesel Dump truck! Great video! I enjoyed! Though when you said benzworld, it sounds nerdy to be honest... :D!

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Um how much more nerdy can it get ...thats kinda the point ....look at us we dont have 500hp hot rods dadddy and mommy bought us....we have nerdy class just like the german nerds that built these things....you think they had models to take out on there days off? No they had there cars to play with...LOL

And yes i taped it all and while driving ..hence the crappy movment.

Next time i am for sure gonna get the convoy from behind me.

Oh on another not im gonna run wvo from now on.....just gonna add a 3 dollar bottle of diesel kleen cetene bost with anit gel in it...treats 100gallons so 20 or so gallons of veggie should be fine with it in it. 3.49 here in sac is just to rich for me.

·
Registered
78s 240D&300D (w123s)
2,403 Posts
I didnt say that our cars are nerdy, its just the way you said benzworld make it sound wierd.

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Nice video. For the next meet I would really like to get some good action photos, so like from the side of the road as the convoy goes by as well as some video like that. Pretty impressive overall for driving and filming at the same time. I'm glad you could finally post it.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
The handycam layout of your camera really helped, mine was the typical camera setup and doesn't have good grip so I couldn't really maneuver mine so I decided not to risk it. If I had a friend, maybe that'd help especially with the fish-eye lens getting a whole new perspective on the trip. That, and another set of memory cards.

Hey Garrett, I just looked at the vid again and while you were on your way to the meeting place (first part of the vid) going 90ish, the temp was at 100! Is your thermostat good? I hope it is now. My car never saw 100, mabe 90 on uphill climbs. 85 mostly.

·
Registered
1982 280ce Australia
81 Posts
Needed some good video of all your engines and interiors too !!!

But looked as though you guys had a good time....and that's the main thing

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
I don't think we brought enough memory cards for the interiors, engine and other stuff. Maybe next time. I did take images of the engines, though. But they were not running...

·
Registered
1982 280ce Australia
81 Posts
Maybe you could allocate a job to everyone who brings a camcorder.

one for engine and interior
one for road trip
one for interviews etc

·
Registered
'90 560SEL
2,551 Posts
Proves (again) that you don't have to drive the latest (and worsest?!) to have fun in a Merc.. Thanks for putting up the vid - I enjoyed the whole trip.
Cheers,
Dennis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts