Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Acura 3.2CL-S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father is buying a new 2003 S430 and I was wondering what price most members paid for theirs, or think what a fair price was. the Benz is equipped with the CD changer, Heated front seats, Navi-CD collection and the Bi-Xenon lighting package(S2)
We were able to get the price down to $72,400 from 75,695

Any input would be greatly appreciated! great forum you guys have here too!

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
I think the price you got is fair enough. My S430 was $77,780 and I was able to get it dow...

I think the price you got is fair enough. My S430 was $77,780 and I was able to get it down to $72,700. Tell the salesman to go down to $71,000 or you'll buy a 7 Series.

·
Registered
2001 Acura 3.2CL-S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I think the price you got is fair enough. My S430 was $77,780 and I was able to get it dow

thanks for the reply. i tried for 71,500 but they dont seem to be budging, i already tried telling them i was going to get a LS 430, which you can buy fully loaded for 72. I guess i'll just have to fight this one out.

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,416 Posts
Haven't you seen something similar before

<a href="http://www.benzworld.org/forums/messages.asp?messno=66743&id=21" target=new>Before stupid, there was tacky and classless</a>

<a href="http://www.benzworld.org/forums/messages.asp?messno=66785&id=21" target=new>ChuckV's comeback</a>

·
Registered
2013 infiniti jx 35 loaded
301 Posts
think about it

youre within 1400 dollars of the car you want. a car which is superior to the ls430. dont you realize how hard it is for most people to get ANYTHING off the sticker? maybe you should read some of the many posts which relate to this.

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,416 Posts
digital_b, I apologize

I originally thought you could have resorted to different vocabulary than stupid to make your point.

Upon reviewing the posts, I'd have to agree on the choice of words.

LS 430, which you can buy fully loaded for 72
It does not take a genius to negotiate prices upward. I went to Lexus and priced that inferior product with all available options and could not reach 70K, yet, redsomething is talented enough to negotiate it for 72K. Looks like it'll be a LS430 for him.

No point in talking price further down on the S. Although, understandably, the worse that could happen is that the saleman would say NO emphatically, obviously, he already has formed an opinion about the customer at that point.

Sorry then.

·
Registered
301 Posts
those economics classes

at psu must be something else. I overlooked the fact that an ls 430 with the ultra lux package was 69000. when you take into consideration the depreciation on the ls430 and the fact that the ultra lux pack is only worth 3 grand used and costs so much you have to really want that car for that price.

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,416 Posts
There you go insulting me again!

I did not go to psu, that's ChuckV you want to make fun of. My knowledge was autodidactically acquired, that's why it so superficial and limited.

A great thinker once said: Culture is like jelly, the less you have of it, the more you spread it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
there you go again

ranting for nothing. look at the first posters details. pay attention. read closely. youre excused.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
When I negotiate prices with Mercedes-Benz I do it because I expect them to appreciate my ...

When I negotiate prices with Mercedes-Benz I do it because I expect them to appreciate my loyalty and offer me a fair deal after buying a dozen cars from them. Its not that I don't have $2000 or interested in saving this amount, its just a way for Mercedes-Benz to say "thank you" to a good customer.

Lexus is willing to negotiate prices and offer you deep discounts becuase they know their products are inferior to that of Mercedes-Benz. In my experience I have found that Mercedes-Benz is the most strict in negotiating prices even if you are a good customer. That's because they know everyone wants a Mercedes! I have never known anyone who didn't want a Mercedes. I have bought other cars from other makers and they easily give me a deep discount without much fighting. I didn't get any discount on my 2003 E320 since it was the first one in the state of Colorado.

·
Registered
98 SLK230
354 Posts

wow, you people are making me feel trashy. [V] You're complaining about 70k+ cars, and people are impressed with my 5.5K 91 300E with 190,000 miles on it :( .. lol. Then again, i'm 17.

·
Registered
301 Posts
really?

thats a pretty bigoted statement. as if all crime takes place in 'the hood'. I guess comments like that makes one feel as though your picture is a rare one of you not wearing yours.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Each any every Mercedes-Benz vehicle is a technological achievement and an innovative piec...

Each any every Mercedes-Benz vehicle is a technological achievement and an innovative piece of art regardless of how old or new it is. As a true Mercedes-Benz enthusiast, you buy a Mercedes-Benz because of your passion for the car and the fine things it has to offer- not to show the world how rich you are. There are cars out there that are much more expensive than Mercedes-Benz but are not any better- a good car is a car that has a place in history and fills the eye with passion- not one that only has a high price tag in order to fool people into thinking that this is a good car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
no one loves

owning a benz more than I even though its just an american made ml. there should be some merit though for the much higher reliability scores that lexus has. I have an intention currently of going with an e500 or s500 [used of course] in 3 or so years but its hard to discount the fact that if I went with lexus I would probably have lower and fewer repair bills and it would be much more affordable and therefore I could get a newer one. I really want to stay with mb but lexus can be compelling if youre objective. and believe me I dont want to be.

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,416 Posts
We can all disagree on what the best car is

I don't like the comparison that poeple have made between the Mercedes-Benz S and the lexus ls. I don't think the two compare and should even be considered in the same breadth, but that is my opinion and yours may be that they do belong in the same cateogry.

After that ridiculous comparison, now that we agree on the technological wonder we are about to purchase from the MB delaership, the point is whether further discount should be asked for or not.

The market will bear whatever it will bear. The fact that I am completely enamoured with MB should not negate that truth that if I pay more than what I could have paid to own that MB, I have not done my job as a consumer, I am a morron and I should have taken my wife with me. Believe me, I am a sucker and can't negotiate anything, that's why I bring my wife with me. The growl of the engine does me in every time, she talks prices after I select the car.

I should think enough of myself not to make a fool of myself by asking for an S priced below a C.

The supplier/dealer can take a stand and refuse to sell me the car for an amount that he/she believes is not appropriate for him to reach his financial goals. Without negotiating, you won't know what the dealership's goals are, what is acceptable or not.

I like to use the extra money on myself instead of on my MB sales rep, who, incidentally is my friend. I do thank him with an occasional bottle of French/Freedom wine when I feel I got a great deal (I also thank my service manager that way when service is great, like last week)

Negotiating prices down is not being cheap, it's being responsible. On the other hand, go to far, and you're not being responsible, you're being an idiot.

Nice collection of cars you have going! [:)]

·
Registered
301 Posts
ok

maybe I went a bit too far and I apologize as well. there is a trend here and on other sites for people to make bigoted comments as if they are among like minded people. I feel that if I come across them and do not react then its condoned. we cant all be enlightened yet we are all not ignorant either. whatever. if we are going to be bigots let it be directed against marques and not humans.

·
Registered
C 111 Nardo
9,416 Posts
I'm against all forms of bigotry, even against any marque of automobile

I'm jewish and I drive VW and MB, so we can all overcome
[;)]

BTW, the picture does not mean that ChuckV is that accepting of his kid's choice in marital affairs, he may not even be a good grand dad. Hell, she might be pretending too...

But I know better. Charles is a nice guy, he loves his kids and grand kids, he loves his current wife, and still loves his first wife too.

I know for a fact that he is the opposite of a bigot, his anti-bigotry borderlines bigotry.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts