Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML 320 (dearly departed), 03 E 500, 05 FX35 (Sold), 07 Cayenne S (Sold), 06 Cayenne Turbo
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale - Llamella or Lamella Roof (Skyview Roof) parts

Well its time to say goodbye to my ML so I took the roof off and took it apart to sell the parts. I now understand why they break so easily, they are made of a CHEAP plastic. Moreover, because the panels take direct sunlight they heat up the parts making the gutters and other support brittle and flaky which allows for additional leaks.

In any event, I have a few parts left after someone requested a few. Below I have attached the schematic photos and the actual photos for those interested. Please be sure to refer to the SCHEMATIC images so that we are on the same page.

*Changed to a single image format for easier review

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
394 Posts
I'm interested in the panels if you still have them.

The #75 panel and any unmodified and intact #71 panels are my interest. If you still have them PM me and tell me what you want for them or email me directly at achanceNOSPAMgci.net - just substitute @ for NOSPAM; gotta keep the creepy crawlies away.

·
Registered
99 ML 320 (dearly departed), 03 E 500, 05 FX35 (Sold), 07 Cayenne S (Sold), 06 Cayenne Turbo
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The #75 panel and any unmodified and intact #71 panels are my interest. If you still have them PM me and tell me what you want for them or email me directly at achanceNOSPAMgci.net - just substitute @ for NOSPAM; gotta keep the creepy crawlies away.
Unless I just went blind, I do not see a #75 panel. As for the #71 panels, I have 5 of them as well as a #74. The #65 and first to #71's are riveted together because I had a broken part #77 on the passengers side.

I really wish I took this thing apart before riveting it closed because its a lot easier to repair then I thought but it is very time consuming with most of the time spent taking the interior panel apart.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
394 Posts
No, you didn't go blind, I went stupid.

I meant the #74 panel, the very back one. I'm interested in all the panels you didn't rivet together. PM me with a price then we'll have to figure out shipping since I'm in Alaska.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant the #74 panel, the very back one. I'm interested in all the panels you didn't rivet together. PM me with a price then we'll have to figure out shipping since I'm in Alaska.
PM already sent and I figured you were talking about #74 anyway. As for the shipping I estimated it from zipcode 99507. If that isnt your zip, im sure it cant be much difference anyway.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unaltered roof panels sold, 3-riveted panels remain (absolutely no leaks).

I also have all screws, bolts, and fasteners if any are needed. I also now understand the system very well so feel free to ask questions.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
24 Posts
Well its time to say goodbye to my ML so I took the roof off and took it apart to sell the parts. I now understand why they break so easily, they are made of a CHEAP plastic. Moreover, because the panels take direct sunlight they heat up the parts making the gutters and other support brittle and flaky which allows for additional leaks.

In any event, I have a few parts left after someone requested a few. Below I have attached the schematic photos and the actual photos for those interested. Please be sure to refer to the SCHEMATIC images so that we are on the same page.

*Changed to a single image format for easier review
Hi... I was wpndering if you still have the lifters/sliders (28 & 29) Left and right. I need one of each. Please let me know. PM me or email me. Thanks a million

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,103 Posts
Hi... I was wpndering if you still have the lifters/sliders (28 & 29) Left and right. I need one of each. Please let me know. PM me or email me. Thanks a million
Click on his name and then send him an email message.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I have 28a and 28b (left and right) I am not sure if I have 29's. I have to check when I get back to Maryland. I will send you a PM a quote for all if I have them. Please be sure to send me your zipcode to I can also factor that in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts