Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MBZ E55
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the final drive on the E55 and has anybody changed them to a shorter gear?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
What's the final drive on the E55 and has anybody changed them to a shorter gear?
According to MBUSA.com, the rear end is 2.82:1. And, yes.

-s-

·
Registered
MBZ E55
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out today the renntech will change the rear end to 3.06's...uhhhh...no thanks. Th...

I found out today the renntech will change the rear end to 3.06's...uhhhh...no thanks. They don't have any higher ratios. The price is definitely not worth the performance gain....$5k? Performance chip, carbon fiber air inlet, and exhaust is supposed to gain about 30hp and 20 ft/lb. That's about $4k. Not what I was looking to do...to much cash for too little gain. I put 3.55's in the ass end of my last car for about $1k and it made a big difference.... Oh well.

·
Registered
2008 E350 AMG Sport Package, P2
505 Posts
yeah.....

yeah Renntch is expensive. Im getting the new E500 with the new 7 speed auto. And planning just to add 30HP. I hope that, it will give it a boost and better performance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
7 speed auto?? u sure? i was just at MBUSA.com and it says, "...5 speed auto..."

7 speed auto?? u sure? i was just at MBUSA.com and it says, "...5 speed auto..."

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/features/specs/overview_engine.jsp&modelCode=E500W&class=03_E&spec=0&menu=3_1

·
Registered
2008 E350 AMG Sport Package, P2
505 Posts
yeah im sure

Yeah u are right, it does says 5 speed auto on the website. But in a couple of months they will bring out the new 7 speed auto for the E500, CL500, S430 and SL500. I can't wait, and at times I wonder if I should get the E55 2003. Renntech, Brabus and Kleeman are all expensive. If you want "alot" horsepower go with the old AMG. I know for $3K u get only 30Hp...
[:(!] it sucks. but there are (Mercedes)[:)]

·
Registered
97c280 98E300TD 93400E, 95S500 CP, 94E320
11 Posts
I have a 98 e300td that was tuning 2k at 60mph. Way too high for a diesel. So I swaped my 3.07 diff for a used 2.87 and was going to regear my 3.07 to a 2.43 or so. After swap car went to limp mode once in 3rd gear and gave a P700 code (transmission circuit malfunction). Today MB said there is nothing they can do with the car said the drive shaft will need to be replaced since the car cannot recognize the driveshaft speed. MB wants $3k for new driveshaft. Are these differentials and driveshafts programmed as a pair? Never imagined this was a problem as there are no wires on the diff or driveshaft. Please help if you have any info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts