Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
66,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean WTF? I listed my Fiero for $300 to be picked up. This is the same amount of money I would have collected from a junkyard.
Anyway, I got three people literally pushing the price up so they can have it before I send to junkyard heaven on Friday. The last offer was for $1,200:eek:

What's wrong with people? Maybe I am sitting on a GM treasure and I am simply clueless, is that it?

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
I bid 5 cents.

I mean WTF? I listed my Fiero for $300 to be picked up. This is the same amount of money I would have collected from a junkyard.
Anyway, I got three people literally pushing the price up so they can have it before I send to junkyard heaven on Friday. The last offer was for $1,200:eek:

What's wrong with people? Maybe I am sitting on a GM treasure and I am simply clueless, is that it?
as in a whole half of ten cents!

·
66,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there something in the trunk worth $1000?
I actually never opened the trunk lid to look at what's in the car. I never had the time to play with this car considering that I spend my time on OT...

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I actually never opened the trunk lid to look at what's in the car. I never had the time to play with this car considering that I spend my time on OT...
If you bought the car in Baltimore, you'd better check. :)

OT: More "real" threads that would be to good to pass up on BWOT.

Attachments

·
66,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I even got this email
Heya, is your thing still available? I don't usually do this but you sounded cute in your ad and I'm drawn to you. And no, I'm not a freak so read on. I can tell that you're going through difficult times and I'm here to listen. I live close by and up for anything. My only worry is that you might be a phony as CL is filled with them. So if you're indeed real, can you confirm it on here by creating a free profile:

http:\\somecrappyshitIdontwanttoclickon.cum

Only you'll be able to see my pictures and phone # on there so if you enjoy what you see, get hold of me. Sorry to irritate you...life is too short so I had to give this a shot. I think you'll be astonished, see ya!

-Sent via my iPad
I think I am gonna get me some. I hope she don't mind finding out that I am into belly buttons. Do you think she will be weirded out?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Maybe someone is planning an indie 3D remake of "Back to the Future" using a Fiero this time?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Apparently, there are some good instructions on the Internet by a guy who made a credible (albeit low-tech), inexpensive electric car out of one. After he had about 10K in the whole shebang, Illinois gave him a $4,000 checkie after verifying that it had been converted to electric.

Also, it is possible to put a V8 into one of these. Before you say "death trap", consider that full-size Pontiac brakes/rotors apparently work OK, and when this car was built, it had an extremely high safety rating.

Personally, I don't think it was a bad car (although there was a rumor that the designer, Larry Shinoda had enemies at GM and was given the worst engineers to work with) and was in fact pretty good with a V-6 and in the "fancy" body style the last year or two that they made them.

So, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
People love shit, it is a mantra the majority goes by. Most people will GET A DEAL on a pile for cheap, then spend well past what it would have cost to have bought a decent car in the first place. See it all the time, I call it the stupid cash buyer's payment plan.

*Got a Pininfarina bodied Cadillac that I doing just this stupidity on right now.

·
66,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, I got someone who wanted to build a 308 with the Fiero... I mean WTF, you can get the real thing for less than $30K and in working condition.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
People love shit, it is a mantra the majority goes by. Most people will GET A DEAL on a pile for cheap, then spend well past what it would have cost to have bought a decent car in the first place. See it all the time, I call it the stupid cash buyer's payment plan.

*Got a Pininfarina bodied Cadillac that I doing just this stupidity on right now.
I liked the Atalante, this was Pinin clothing, right?. GM managed to sell a few overseas...

Here with Belgian license plates...

·
66,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
uggggh, I got this guy pleading me for $1500 if he could hold it for him until next week... Nah, I don't trust that sorts of BS. I could lose paying customers for a higher promise then he still can change his mind or play games. This thing is leaving the garage tomorrow morning. It's amazing, I would have parted with it for $300 without even blinking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts