Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The magazine is stuck and wont eject. The display is reading 'no magazine'. Anybody have any suggestions on how to pry it out?<br>
<br>
Do you have to take it in for service?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You can take it to any radio shop. The changer is simply either a becker or an alpine.

Do you know who makes the changer, it looks like an Alpine? It does not say who the manufacturer is?<br> <br> I finally got the magazine out.<br> <br> thanks!

·
Registered
slk 230
22 Posts
Re: You can take it to any radio shop. The changer is simply either a becker or an alpine.

How did you remove it exactly. Mine just quit working and I can see that carrier 4 is still partially extended therefore the cartridge won't eject.
Lee

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
Before taking any drastic measures, you may want to check to make sure the changer is getting power. If the power connecter disconnected from either the changer or the other end where it gets power from the head unit, then it won't eject. Just a thought because sometimes we over look the obvious.

·
Registered
slk 230
22 Posts
All the connections were good. I removed the changer, opened it up, and manually rotated the drive gears until the cd was back in the case at which point the cartridge ejected. I then reconnected the power and fiber cables and reinserted the magazine. Works like a charm. Don't know why it decided to croak on changing disks. Hardest part was figuring out what needed to be removed to get the case off.
Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts