Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1. I have audio 10 cd. When I press mute button, often is says NO TP ? What is TP and how can I dissable it ? I can mute only some radio stations..

2. On the image attached you see active P gear. That lcd is not working on my cluster at this point, but I will keep working on it to fix it. Now the question is, since I have manual gearbox, will it still shows gear there, or there will be nothing next to clock ?

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Where are you located?

In the US (and the UK) some radio stations can provide TP, which is Traffic Program. It is set if the radio station is likely to give traffic bulletins. You can search and store only those stations with the TP flag set if you want.

TA is Traffic announcement and is set when the tuned station is broadcasting a bulletin. It then switches the audio from mute or cassette or CD to receive it. The volume is taken from the last volume used when the TA flag was last used.

As for it going silent, keep pressing the TP button until you get a full set of TA, TP, icons up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Im located in europe, and I dont belive that any radio station has a traffic program.

Could it be that the TP was turned on while I was storing the station, so now ehen I press mute, it wants to show TP instead to mute ?

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
I don't think that it does.

The shift range and select lever position come from the ETC control module to the instrument cluster on automatics. Your manual gearbox does not have this unit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

I have few more questions.. I have A/c like on picture attached, and sometimes it want work on cold start. For example, if I get into car, start the car and then press the button to remove fog from windshield, or for example to put fan to maximum, fan want work.. ? Is this normal ?

Also, often, when I put fan to low speed, 1, or 2 , I hear a little buzzing.. and sometimes fan starts to increase speed for few secconds and then gets back to normal speed.. Is it possible that something is wrong with the fan ? I checked for errror codes ofr A/C and tests showed no errors..

And two more things I could not figure out with this A/C:

is there a way to set the A/C to blow only in the middle position (there is up, down, down and middle, up and down - but not only middle ? )

also, is there a way to make A/C use fan only to blows fresh air inside car without cooling/heating ? (fan is turned on, temp is set to 22C, EC and auto are off)

maybe some issues are repeating on forum, but I couldnt find the solutions.. I am still introducing with my first benz :)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts