Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wife and i are looking to trading our CLK430 on a S500. I was just wondering what is out ther for the S500.

Currently we are running H&R springs, 19 Chrome CL wheels, Eisnehaus race exhaust, and cold air intakes on the 430. If we trade i will keep all my parts. Im just wondering if the wheels and tries will fit a S class. Also wondering where i can get some spring to take the gap out.

thanks for you help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have yet to tear apart a Benz yet, but since the S class has the airmatic suspension, ...

I have yet to tear apart a Benz yet, but since the S class has the airmatic suspension, you might have difficulties just "changing" the spring's to a lowered one. It's easy for me to do on Honda's and Toyota's, but w/ all the tech toys on the S-class, just be careful when making changes to the suspension.

Although under Federal law, your MB dealer can't deny warranty work for having aftermarket parts w/o first proving that the aftermarket part caused the problem....I know quite a few dealers that will refuse to even touch your car if you have any aftermarket parts in it.

Good luck with your mods.

Dizzy

·
Registered
Benzes
9 Posts
Yes, you can reduced the gap by using the RB tech lowering kit for the front. I think it...

Yes, you can reduced the gap by using the RB tech lowering kit for the front. I think it will cost around 250-350 a set, and you can adjust the height. For the rear, it is already built-in factory. You just need to re-adjust the height. you need to go under the car to adjust the rear suspension. Hope this help

·
Registered
S500
1 Posts
S500

If you have a choice between a CLK and an S, the choice should be unanimously an S. Most people usually aren't faced with that decision becaus of the large gap in price. There are so much more features with an S than with a CLK. I had a CLK55 on order but changed to an S500 when I first laid eyes on it. One of things that got to me about the CLK is that the steering wheel is not fully adjustable (i.e. telescoping) and with the S class it is. The doors on the S class closes pneumatically so you don't have to slam it. These qualities and a hundred more is what made me shell out an extra 40K. Go for the S-class, the build quality is better and the practicality is there.

Attachments

·
Registered
03 Audi RS6, 04 Noble M12
23 Posts
Would you mind posting some more pics of your car? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
S500 mods

dont even try to touch that front suspension
those airmatics have enough trouble from the factory
lowering that car does it no justice
suspension geometry on 5 link is complex stuff
made by real talented german guys, lowering it
can be an allighnment guys nightmare, due to
non adjustable caster camber ,
fatter lowerprofile tires bigger rims...you need no more.........

·
Registered
2 Posts
2000 S500 INTEGRATED PHONE

THE 2000 S500 I HAVE WAS FITTED WITH AN INTEGRATED PHONE SYSTEM,THE PROBLEM IS IT IS ANALOG NIT DIGITAL.
MB DOES NOT OFFER A RETROFIT YET.ANY SUGGESTIONS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts