Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Looks fantastic!! I still maintain that the W220 is one of the most beautiful cars out on the road today.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
kutz said:
Very nice. Are you driving for one of the families in NY? :D
If I was to guess its a 430?

Now where are the pics of the "other" rides? :D

·
Registered
2003 S500
20 Posts
kutz said:
Very nice. Are you driving for one of the families in NY? :D
If I was to guess its a 430?
Families in NY? That's my own car... daily driver.

430? No... it's an S500 and the engine has Brabus components in it. Car does 0-60 in 5.1 seconds.

·
Registered
1995 S500
379 Posts
DSC2000 said:
Families in NY? That's my own car... daily driver.

430? No... it's an S500 and the engine has Brabus components in it. Car does 0-60 in 5.1 seconds.
Where did you crawl out of?

·
Registered
S-500 2003. BMW 750Li 2006
141 Posts
Great Pics !! You certainly have a talent for photography. The way the pics started out, I was hoping to see Jenna Jameson or Jennifer McCarthy ( I'm not picky ;) ) posing next to it.

Ok onto serious questions, what color is the car? I have a capri blue and depending on the light, it looks black.

The S-500 emblem is missing? On purpose? I have seen that in Italy where people take them off for ostentatious reasons. I dont get that, emblem or not its still a big ass benz !! lol

Oh the driving for the families in NY post, my guess is he was refering to the Sopranos ;)

·
Registered
2003 S500
20 Posts
sarv said:
Great Pics !! You certainly have a talent for photography. The way the pics started out, I was hoping to see Jenna Jameson or Jennifer McCarthy ( I'm not picky ;) ) posing next to it.

Ok onto serious questions, what color is the car? I have a capri blue and depending on the light, it looks black.

The S-500 emblem is missing? On purpose? I have seen that in Italy where people take them off for ostentatious reasons. I dont get that, emblem or not its still a big ass benz !! lol
Haha... next time, I promise.

It's black.

Yes... it's debadge, I think it makes the lines on the back of the car flow nicer.

·
Registered
2003 S500
20 Posts
SaMaS said:
what Brabus components did you have ? engine shot ?
Brabus B11 + Iridium Plugs

Also had the lowering module, but removed it since I was about to trade the car in, but that got canceled, I have to put it back in and hackup the wiring again.

·
Registered
95 E320 (Sold!), 06 ML350, 03 S430, 00 Pontiac Formula WS6
159 Posts
As someone who appreciates a good car photo... very nice work. I like the sunset shots best, I think.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
1,294 Posts
nicely photographed. I actually need to do some scenic shots of mine soon.

·
Registered
2001 C240 6SPD
12 Posts
i am thinking of debadging my 05 s500 4matic ecuase they make it look too cluttered. i still cant decide....by the way, hhow did you get such perfect lighting? and what camera did you use and did you use a tripod? aaannnddd i love teh rims, what kind are they and do you know if/where i can get them
????

·
Registered
2003 S500
20 Posts
abm101 said:
i am thinking of debadging my 05 s500 4matic ecuase they make it look too cluttered. i still cant decide....by the way, hhow did you get such perfect lighting? and what camera did you use and did you use a tripod? aaannnddd i love teh rims, what kind are they and do you know if/where i can get them????
Okay let me try to tacle all of these haha...

1. I would debadge everything but an S55 AMG. It does make it look cluttered, and if you decide you need the badges, they are available from the dealer (very cheap) and from eBay (even cheaper).

2. Lighting? I'm just good I guess haha... I can't control the sun.

3. Pictures were shot with a Canon EOS 30D, no tripod, all pictures are 1/25th or 1/30th second exposures.

4. I hope you are kidding about the rims... they are standard 18" AMG rims. You can get them a million places... eBay Motors: 2006 Mercedes CL500 AMG Rims & 18' Tires (item 320114865596 end time May-25-07 14:46:25 PDT)

We were actually debating on 6SpeedOnline if the rims that you have flow better with the body or not... check it out and judge:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The second set makes the S look longer. But the first set makes it look sportier. The second set also looks bigger...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts