Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the part number for the long plastic pieces with the bonded rubber that is just outside the trunk under either side of the lid. The maintenance manual calls it fender "paneling". (See photos.) I can't find a reference to it in the parts breakdowns to to buy them. I guess I don't know what heading it falls under. I'm sure the stealership can "help" me.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@konigstiger

Can you tell me what resource you are using to find all your part numbers? The online mercedes parts resources I've found that have those exploded drawings are incomplete it seems.

·
Registered
1999 S500; W140.051
692 Posts
You will also need:

8X; Expansion Rivet 000-991-5940

The covers are cheap. The 8X rivets cost almost as much as the 2 covers, but ensure no water leakage (design changed from original).

If your rubber edge is shot, you may find some rust at the fender seam that you may have to tend to also.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The covers are cheap. The 8X rivets cost almost as much as the 2 covers, but ensure no water leakage (design changed from original).
If your rubber edge is shot, you may find some rust at the fender seam that you may have to tend to also.
Yep. I have already replaced them by the time you posted. The new rivets are silicone wit ha plastic center pin. Quite nice.

I'ts a car from Florida, so no rust under it. But because it was from Florida and spent a lot of its life un-garaged, that's why these seals failed. The cowl seal and side mirror seals were also toast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts