Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought fender flares from performance products?... they claim they are primed and ready for painting but nothing of the sort. Right now my body shop is stripping the stupid things and sanding it down FINE and then painting them. I heard just priming them and then painting will eventually just make the paint strip away. Any one have any suggestions? We're sanding with 400 then 600 then 800 then 1000 so we taking it right down.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
110 Posts
Yeah, I just got mine put on by my local body shop. I just droped them off with a rear wing and the truck, and returned to pick them up later. I don't know If they primed first or not, but when I arrived I saw them wet sand,wax and polish the fender flares. the finish was nice.I must say I was a little disapointed, The flares shown In my PP catalog looked more OEM than the Manik flares. They swallow my small wheels and tires,they're VERY AGGRESSIVE. I may strip the manik's off and purchase flares from a MB dealer. I have some 20 inch rims and tires on order. I'll wait and see what It looks like all together before I pass judgement. I'll post pics when everything Is done.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
i saw that car in queens the other day. he was parked right behind my car. i knew i saw it from somewhere... had an amg badge on the back. [xx(]

·
Registered
3 Posts
PP NO LONGER HAVE THE FENDER FLARES FOR THE ML 320 2001 MODEL DOES ANY BODY HAVE AND IDEAL WHERE I CAN GET 8 PIECE FLARES FROM OR 4 PIECE AT THIS TIME

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
BLQMAN989 - 8/27/2005 12:34 PM

PP NO LONGER HAVE THE FENDER FLARES FOR THE ML 320 2001 MODEL DOES ANY BODY HAVE AND IDEAL WHERE I CAN GET 8 PIECE FLARES FROM OR 4 PIECE AT THIS TIME
TURN DOWN THE VOLUME...

Ebay
Dealer
A M G K I T lists them, but many people have had bad experiences using them.

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
I would be very leary about A M G K I T. They don't take credit cards and I've personally had a terrible experience with them. DON'T SEND THEM A CHECK. Learn from my stupidity.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
bocobod - 8/27/2005 2:59 PM

I would be very leary about A M G K I T. They don't take credit cards and I've personally had a terrible experience with them. DON'T SEND THEM A CHECK. Learn from my stupidity.
What happened?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts