Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored and sick of rubbing when there was more than one person in the car and taking hard turns so I flared my front fenders a little (Already rolled). I might do the rear as well. Tell me what you guys think (or if you can even tell a difference):

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
what do you mean they were already rolled, i can't really tell a difference.

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Me either, I can't tell a difference..maybe post a before and after pic, that should show the difference.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fenders were rolled, meaning the inside of the fender was pushed back so that the tire would not rub against it. Dont know how to explain it well. Anyway, I guess I didnt flare it out enough for it to be noticeable. I can tell the difference in person and if I flare it out more there will be too big of a gap between the wheel and the fender.

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
How are you flaring the fenders? I need to see a comparison pick to tell the difference, but it sounds like a cool idea if you do it right.

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
I know what your talking about by rolling the inner fender so it wouldn't rub but I don't notice the "flare fender" you are talking about that you did..

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually used a bat and forced the fender out around the wheel. I didnt do it too much so I guess its not noticeable.

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,292 Posts
Looks ok to me but you need some chrome headlight rings on there.....

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
blackbenzz - 5/6/2005 3:15 AM

I actually used a bat and forced the fender out around the wheel. I didnt do it too much so I guess its not noticeable.
you're insane...lol

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
using a bat is the worst way to try to roll your fenders, thats how you DONT get a uniform roll and risk creasing/cracking the paint which will eventually result in the paint flaking/chipping off.

a note to those wanting to roll their fenders: find a shop that has a haweka fender roller or im pretty sure you can rent one from tirerack; use the right tool for the job.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Yeah, I keep a bat in my trunk.......But it ain't for rollin' no fenders.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I keep a bat in my trunk too (among other things), like I said, I got bored, so I put it to use. I've rolled my fenders on all my cars using this method and have never cracked the paint or had an uneven roll. I guess if you dont know how to do it I can see how it would f things up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts