Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was hit on the right side of the plastic bumper cover. The bumper needs to be replaced. And guess what? The part alone costs $988. that's some expensive plastic.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
that's too bad. i've been hit at the bumper before, luckily only impact strip was damaged and that one costs ~$100. try to look at junk yards, maybe you can find same color bumper for much cheaper. what color is your car? any pics?

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Buy a good used bumper the same color and you will literally save hundreds of dollars. You can even replace it yourself. Be patient, one will definitely come up! Let the insurance company of the other guy write you a check and then, just take your sweet time. Oh yeah, don't forget to ask another at least $1000 for diminished value for the car. They will try to give you a hard time saying that your car is too old, however, NEVER back off from this and threaten then with lawsuit and going to the press as well as going to the regional manager. Trust me. It works! Been there done that with my wife's 2001 Nissan. Be very nice at first, and explain to them that now an adverse history will appear n carfax and your car is a cherry with excellent mechanical condition and maintained better than most. Be very polite in the beginning. They should comply because of your polite behavior. If they don't then turn into the biggest asshole and make the above threats!

Come back and report!:thumbsup:

IMO, you should be able to pocket at least $2000 after you have fixed it yourself. Hold on to that money for future repairs.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wife can't turn her head today. It never fails. Takes a couple days for soft tissue injuries to manifest. She's off to the doctor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts