Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, sadly its true, yet another incident has put a black mark on mercedes benz for my part at least.

I was driving in my SL500 and all of a sudden the computer says breaks disconnected, battery failing, battery atilinator, elecrtic consumers, and about 8 other things and a huge STOP SIGN on the dash is appearing. Now of course I panic when i see BREAKS DISCONNECTED cause I'm going down a hill, but thank god for some reason they we were working fine. We phoned road side assistance and they said they'd send a flatbed truck out to come get it with in an hour.

1 hour and 30 minutes LATER
A pickup truck shows up.....(NOT A FLATBED)...he radios for a flatbed, once again we phone roadside assistance and they say within an hour immediately and there terrible sorry. (A whole bunch of rubbish if you ask me.)

3 hours and 15 minutes LATER
A flatbed shows up, and of course its on a Saturday and its well because of the horrible road side asstiance and how they can't put anything right, I could have got the car transported to the dealership in North Vancouver B.C. that would have been at about 3pm...but instead they wasted all my time and now it sitting on a dark side road...waiting until hopefully sunday morning.....Through all of this we contacted one of your sales persons that sold us the car and he said hes going to get someone to bring our car through the gates,

Why do I think thats another tale?

Mercedes Benz once again, your service astonishes me. Did I mention the car was in 1 week before for a whole service check and battery replacement, I was really looking forward in purchasing vechicles in the future but from what I see why bother?

All of that problems and not ONE apology, not one...

THIS WAS MY PREVIOUS POST A WHILE AGO BELOW:
This was an incident last year.

Mercedes service is drastically declining, I was considering hoping sometime within the next 5-10 years to purchase their top notch SL vechicle, or if they modify or change it come out with a new supercar then whatever they have as that. (who knows times change right guys?) anywho on with the story.

Sadly, the service has just completely turned me off. The SL500 I own now might sadly be the last Mercedes that I will purchase/own.

I had a previous event which involved my CLK 500 2004, convertible go in to replace a damage tire from a pot hole. They changed it when the tire came in 6 hours. Which was completely fine, I was happy. Tire change took, 1 hour and 30 .....now.... I'm not really a car expert, but when a tire change takes that long I do question the service, now myself being a happy mercedes owner brushed this off aswell, the dealership wasn't busy I looked inside the shop and there were merely 2 cars on lifts and no one was attending to them.

I came to my car and it was shiney as brand new. I was so happy I couldn't believe how shiney it was. I came home happy.

The next day, my mother awakes getting ready to leave and she walks past my car, comes inside and asks what the heck happened to the car, I go outside scared to what I see, I find huge, round scratches all over the car. ALL OVER THE CAR, they coated it in wax to hide it. It was a huge buffer.

Now I went to a gas station which we know the managers and everything before the incident. I went there the morning I see these scratches and they were just aboslutly stunned. I went back to the Mercedes Dealership that day. And they denyed everything. Every single thing. after 2 weeks of us leaving the Car in there first parking spot to the door on there grounds refusing to move it. We argue and argue and finally after almost sending a letter to the head office, they agree that they caused it. And they sealed the car with "Sealer" used to make the car shiney etc...probably a better name for it. We then later that year get rid of the thing cause it was absolutly horrible seeing it scratched even after the sealer you could see it so bad in the sunlight and up close. We get rid of that merecedes later that year and get an SL.

They handled it so bad. I have friends that have mercedes that take PICTURES OF THEIR CAR before it goes into get serviced......now....this is honestly complete and horrible service. Mercedes use to be a great car company and the dealers use to be great sadly, I have friends and have listened to many people all over north america experience even worse situations then me.

Mercedes what happened [:(]

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Don't feel bad. Misery loves company. There is a guy on another forum site that has just gotten his third 2005 SL500, all brand new, all within 2 weeks and all broken out of the box.

I have no idea what Mercedes Benz is doing? I am told by people that work for them that at seminars they sit around and congratulate themselves on improving reliability and customer service.

All I can say is pass me some of whatever you are taking Mercedes Benz. [:0]

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
mark11 - 3/14/2005 7:43 AM

Yea, I'll take a hit of that after Lovin's done with!! I could stand to distort my reality regarding this car right now.
The only problem with this idea is that eventually you have to come down.

I guess some temporary relief would be welcomed.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
scottcardwell - 3/14/2005 5:15 PM

did he actually have to buy all the SL's? or did the dealer change it for him?
Actually the dealer has been great. They have changed them all without any hassles.

I am not sure most dealers would do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For what it's worth Smythe Mercedes in San Jose has been great. My SL55 has had many issues and they dealt with all of them. The car is now considerably better than when it was new.

Almost all my issues were squeaks, rattles and noises. Also the infamous noisy fuel pump in the gas tank on the 03's. Many other things. All fixed.

I rememebr reading a book in the early 90's called "The Machine that Changed the World". A comprehensive history of the car industry from 1900 - 1990 with emphasis on Ford and Nissan. I remeber reading that Mercedes actually hired consultants from Toyota in the 80's to help straighten out the quality mess they had on their production line. Suppsedly cars would come off the line with many defects and a team of old, grizzled master mechanics would half rebuild the cars. They were effectively building the cars 1.5 times because they had so many defects. Don't know what happened to the lessons they learned.

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,670 Posts
Park Place here in Dallas is awful. My '04 SL500 white with red leather has not needed anything thank goodness. But my old '02 CL500 went back many times. At one point the service manager was telling me a bald face lie, and I proved it was a lie, then he proceeded to keep telling me the lie and even following me as I walked away. He finally gave up and obviously fixed the car. Then my sevice advisor said I should apologize to him! I nearly fell over! This episode really sums up what dealing with Park Place is like. They really are unbelievable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts