Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I'm new on this forum, but been selling wheels for VW and BMW for a year now...

Anyways, I'm building a custom set of 3piece Barock wheels. They will be R17x9,0 and 10,0 most likely. Not sure yet.

Here is a pic of a test wheel

There will be brand new inner and outer lips.
So price will be around 2k EUR...

Would there be anyone interested in something like this?

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
thats really cool! I love the idea, now thats a bundt:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,951 Posts
wow that's awesome, what do these sell for? wonder how it'd look with a black center..

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,444 Posts
Please fill out your profile so we know upon which portion of this planet you reside, and will you ship them to other parts of the planet??

·
Registered
1978 C123 280CE, 1988 500SEC, MY10 W204 C200 CGI
1,380 Posts
Don't you need all sorts of approvals/tests to know that a wheel like this would be safe.

I love the idea though

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't you need all sorts of approvals/tests to know that a wheel like this would be safe.

I love the idea though
These wheels will never be road legal (at least in Europe). They are for shows, and cruises, not daily use and extreme driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well
these are custom wheels...
Just the new barrels and lips cost 1000EUR + the wheels + machining + bolts + repainting + shipping...

·
Registered
1988 300CE Midnight Blue/Palomino; 1984 300D Orient Red/Palomino; 1994 E500 Black/Gray
247 Posts
These wheels will never be road legal (at least in Europe). They are for shows, and cruises, not daily use and extreme driving.
If the barrels are safe and roadworthy, why should there be any safety issue? The bundt part looks like it's just bolted on as a sort of a facade. There must surely be already approved manufactures of barrels that would solve the approval problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the barrels are safe and roadworthy, why should there be any safety issue? The bundt part looks like it's just bolted on as a sort of a facade. There must surely be already approved manufactures of barrels that would solve the approval problem.
The center part is what holds the barrels to the car... and these wheels were not designed to be 3 piece. BUT there are a couple of sets in 16" made like this, and all are being driven on without any issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Selling this custom built set of Barock Wheels

They are 17X8,5 ET28 5x112 CB 66,6
Forged 2,0 inch lips - high gloss polished
Forged 6,0 inch inner barels - powdercoated in silver metalic
BBS RS nickel plated bolts, zinc plated nuts
Centers painted in silver metalic with a little pearl
Running straight and true, no cracks or welds or anything.

Asking 2000EUR shipped to US and Canada. Reasonable offers are always welcomed!
This is a one in a liftime offer, there most likely will be no other set lik this in the world! :)

·
Registered
13 Fiat 500, 06 Suzuki, 04 MB CLK500C, 02 LR DII, 90 MB 560SEL, 90 MB 560 SEC.
562 Posts
At today's conversionrate; that's ONLY $ 2,870.22. Considering it includes shipping charges, that's ONLY a little over $ 700.00 per wheel,for a wheelthat's not TUV rated,or DOT rated, or even street legal for that matter.

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes 300TD TurboDiesel
64 Posts
Selling this custom built set of Barock Wheels

They are 17X8,5 ET28 5x112 CB 66,6
Forged 2,0 inch lips - high gloss polished
Forged 6,0 inch inner barels - powdercoated in silver metalic
BBS RS nickel plated bolts, zinc plated nuts
Centers painted in silver metalic with a little pearl
Running straight and true, no cracks or welds or anything.

Asking 2000EUR shipped to US and Canada. Reasonable offers are always welcomed!
This is a one in a liftime offer, there most likely will be no other set lik this in the world! :)
Will these fit my W123 Estate? Been looking for a company or wheel maker to engineer a custom set of retro-Mercedes wheels similar to the Bunt or previous smoothie style Mercedes center cap of the W198 Gullwing era wheels. I'm looking for the "deep dish" look for the W123, but, classic. Looks like something you have figured out. Have you made a set with an ET that will fit the W123 Estate and look "deep dish"?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts