Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 3 European bumpers. Two came from a sedan and are the single piece bumpers, with impact strips, rubber ends and brackets. The other one is a three-piece rear bumper from a coupe and includes impact strip. They're still dirty from being stored so I'll post pics once I've cleaned them out.

Would like to know if there's any interest in them.:)

·
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
17,871 Posts
I may be interested in a set when I get there to California here in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,700 Posts
WHEN are you going to be in cali and where??????

·
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
17,871 Posts
Antioch, May 30th but I have to bee line to LA as soon as I land to pick up my dog.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
I have a dented one piece rear I'll let go for cheap as well. Dent is golfball sized.

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
I have a FREE front 1 piece that is super crappy.

I'm sure good ones could/should sell fast, especially with all the brackets and rubber bits. Thats the stuff everyone overlooks and finds is missing next time they go to a car.

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo 1972 BMW 3.0CS
497 Posts
I have been warming up to the look of the euro-bumpers and have actually thought about doing the swap along with E-codes... and maybe even adding headlight wipers.

I just might be interested in buying a pair of ft/rear sedan euro bumpers if they are in good shape.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,970 Posts
Pm sent

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Patrick
are you going to use them on your car?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late reply, got a bit busy. Cleaned up the bumpers, but not the rubber ends yet. Pics of those to follow. No rips on the rubber ends, just one impact strip on the front bumper is severed (left side). Right side is intact, as are the rest of the impact strips.

I'm not going to use them on my car, but that doesn't mean they're in bad shape. I would like to install them on mine but have other priorities.

I would prefer not to part the sedan bumpers but rather, sell them as a pair. These are heavy, even if they're the slimmer bumpers than the USV ones, due to the reinforcement.

In the last pic the impact strip appears too short, that's because I could not slide it any further (got tired). Rest assured the impact strip is whole and intact for that European rear coupe bumper.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
LOL I see some maguires in there I think. Nice looking bumpers.

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
I am interested in the Christmas tin of assorted popcorn.:)

If you don't need the $'s Pat, lets put them on your car. They go on really fast and they look great. Just don't hit anything or have anything hit you.:)

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had to clean it up nicely, it was stored for quite some time so I had to clean up the chrome a bit. It's also my habit to clean my parts I acquire. The bumpers looks great now.

Jon, the popcorn is long gone :) I have other priorities so I'm letting them go. The US version bumpers are definitely sturdier than these, but these Euros are by no means flimsy! Now I realize that :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts