Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 560sec-168K -Ext. Light Ivory/Int. Black/01 E320 4Matic Wagon Brl Silver/Black/ Mad '95 Q45
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixed a few issues:

1- wub wub wub nouse from front right - Wheel Bearings - outer was shot
(mechanic told me he checked 2x and they were fine) dodo
2- A/C Ice cold now, last year i dumped like $2000 fixing my a/c and 8 mos. later does not work. I took apart climate control and checked for broken soldier, looked clean. pulled plunger from monovalve (new monovalve) and the screen was clogged, cleaned with toothbrush, 50 degrees center vents.
(mechanic said must be evaporator leak cause no dye anywhere)
3- Clunky transmission, acting weird,, thought i was in for a rebuild. replaced the 8 month old modulator w/ a new one (diesel one) ran a fresh vacuume line off intake - and beautiful, kicks down properly etc.................... I think the modulator i put in last yeas was defective - Car for first time feels like it should
4- shimmy at idle - I disconnected the vacuume line to EGR and shimmy gone???
Still need to install FGS..................
Cab=nt get Idle down up at like 900
- checked the passenger side Idle control box
- checked and cleaned the idle control valve
- OVP relay seems fine - fuse i replaced year ago still good , when blown was idling @3500.
- played with 3mm idle screw but returned it to where i started.

--- Car runs a tad rich, waiting for recommended mechanic to return to his shop to do the final stages of tuning.........................
Very happy with the progress, also shows why you have to get hands on. just busy with life.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,194 Posts
A little more fiddling and you'll have the high idle taken care of. :)

Wonderful how these cars can be fixed and run like new. With lesser cars, you can fix this, that and the other, but they'll never feel right unless you do a complete renovation.

·
Registered
86 560sec-168K -Ext. Light Ivory/Int. Black/01 E320 4Matic Wagon Brl Silver/Black/ Mad '95 Q45
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little more fiddling and you'll have the high idle taken care of. :)

Wonderful how these cars can be fixed and run like new. With lesser cars, you can fix this, that and the other, but they'll never feel right unless you do a complete renovation.
no doubt - so i searched a bit on the idle issue and slowly playing with stuff
left lean gonna 1/8 inch the 3mm screw out later after work
isn't there an additional screw adjustment ??
James

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm,

you may want to try to check for broken SOLDER next time. Broken soldiers are hard to find around here. :D
thanks mom:surrender:

·
Registered
1984 Euro 500 SEC & 1987 190E 2.6
201 Posts
Fixed a few issues:

replaced the 8 month old modulator w/ a new one (diesel one) ran a fresh vacuume line off intake - and beautiful, kicks down properly etc.................... I think the modulator i put in last yeas was defective - Car for first time feels like it should
How difficult was the modulator removal with the trans in the car(I assume you still had the trans in)?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How difficult was the modulator removal with the trans in the car(I assume you still had the trans in)?
easy one bolt, just dont drop the plunger inside, i did not even jack up the car

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
how hard is the vacuum line for the trans, my car won't kickdown at highway speeds even if I press the button.

Sounds more like an electrical problem and/or mechanical (Bowden cable).
Or simply a case of too many revs.

gr J

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how hard is the vacuum line for the trans, my car won't kickdown at highway speeds even if I press the button.
pull the line and see if u have vacuum
mine was really clunky w/o vacuum.
i just grabbed a line off the intake and put a T splitter and ran fresh vacuum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts