Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
W163 and General Mercedes Host
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neighbor approached me this week on her ML ac woes.
She asked me about this product - Amazon.com: Cliplight Super Seal Total‚Ѣ Medium and Large Systems Leak Sealant 972kit: Kitchen & Dining

I have not had the time yet to thoroughly inspect or check for any leaks, etc. A quick test of her AC was not very cold on a 25C day. A quick look with me UV lights n goggles indicated dye in the system from prior (I guess) and a dye tag, so I know it's been recharged with R134a at some time (she doesnt know.... hubbie doesnt know.....they never know....) :|
I'll check it out more this weekend and get my free beers and bbq somewhere along the line.

Anyways, my query to all of you, if any at all, is:
have any of the good members here had any experience with this sealant and used it or similar?
I've got none with this stuff (sounds like a bar's leak product)
Ive read a few posts on BW, but I've reserved my comments on it until I find out more details

Why is it that car owner's always come back with "canned" solution to their auto woes? :unsure:

·
W163 and General Mercedes Host
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not put anything labeled stop leak in an A/C system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers..

....still gonna get my beers and bbq meal. Toasty weekend coming
:)

·
Registered
2001 ML430
470 Posts
I agree. NEVER use stop leak. Not only can it plug up the system, a future mechanic who does an AC service and your stop leak plugs up his $10,000 AC machine will be quite pissed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts