Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed something interesting:

I am putting together an Autohaus order for a couple of my cars and they list only Febi W0133-1633520 as the transmission fluid for my 2002 Jaguar XJR -- this is the supercharged version with the MB transmission. Jaguar uses a ZF in the non - SC cars. And --- Autohaus does not list the Febi as a fluid for the w210 with the same transmission?

I'm ordering the MB fluid per another thread for the w210 wagon -- I'm at 95k .. but I found this interesting? I only have 50k on the Jaguar -- and as the original owner I know it has never been touched or needed any fluid.

·
Registered
35,785 Posts
So what is your point? We already establish that Autohousaz are not really parts experts. This is the warehouse selling parts per computer orders.
When I was calling them about the "green thing" window regulator, they had no idea where the part should fit, even the told me they are selling thousands of them.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually -- I have been very pleased with them. You can always get an inexperienced person on the phone.

They started out as an importer for german parts -- so ...if you order parts for a Lexus they are just reselling ...... but they pick the resellers. They only stock some make parts.

I have always found the web site to be quite accurate -- although nothing is perfect.

The Jaguar dealers sell the fluid for $40+ L. So I bet they get many requests -- even with a small production run of the XJR"S. I've never checked the Porsche fluid price for the same transmission -- but I would bet even more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts