Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer Xtreme. I started noticing a noise that varied in pitch witha the speed of the vehicle, but went away while going around a sharp curve. I was told it is probably 'feathered wear' on my tires. I took the Blazer to Big 10 Tire to have the wheels rotated and balanced and mentioned this problem. They found an alignment problem and corrected it. Since then, the noise has gotten progressively worse. I called Big 10 Tire and asked about this and was told that once a tire starts to get feathered wear it will continue to get worse until you get tired of the vibration and noise and replace the tires. This sounds like BS to me. Any opinions?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They dont know how to align cars is the problem. My dad had some pilot sports on his car, and they started to feather, and he got them aligned now it goes straight and doesnt make noise. Take it to someone that knows what they are doing.<br> <br> I know of two good shops one is in phoenix, the other is in san diego.<br> <br> Austin<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may want to have the tire re-mounted so that the outer edge is towards the inside of the vehicle ... that most likely will help you with your wear issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts