Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never liked MySpace and always hated FB... too much private info available out in the open. I'm old fashioned enough to call somebody if I want to talk to them. The same with texting, I hate it, sometimes I see my kids going back and forth when a simple phone call would have been easier to begin with.

The only reason I got a FB page a couple of years ago was to join a couple of hobby groups including some MB ones. I've seen members there but I just lurk, never post anything

No more.

The wife and I had a talk today and decided to delete our pages. We both feel better already. :)

·
Premium Member
99 BMW R1100RT, 05 MB C230, 07 Silverado CC Z71, 10 Chevy Tahoe LT
5,787 Posts
Never even started on either one of those sites. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,662 Posts
Never got into FB but people who don't text are foul. Texting is all that ever should be done when doing business or just saying hello. People who do not text are simply evil.

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts
Why would an attention-seeker need something like MS or FB when they have carta blanca to piss all over BWOT? Perhaps to maximise and potentiate their Twitter experience, its own parameters being too restrictive? Hypothetically, of course...

·
190E, SLK350
66,915 Posts
Never got into FB but people who don't text are foul. Texting is all that ever should be done when doing business or just saying hello. People who do not text are simply evil.
I sent you a friend's request bastard!
You ignored me... :(

·
Registered
'71 280se 3.5 cab
6,931 Posts
Facebook can be a great thing, you just have to know how to use it-

of course we'll have to see how their behavior unfolds.

·
Registered
zero
19,471 Posts
Why would an attention-seeker need something like MS or FB when they have carta blanca to piss all over BWOT? Perhaps to maximise and potentiate their Twitter experience, its own parameters being too restrictive? Hypothetically, of course...
No worries there is still Reddit for fake news and cartoon pictures to glean from.

·
Premium Member
43,662 Posts
Mr. Musk, the thoughtful, caring, loving, billionaire.

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,490 Posts
The circle has been completed...

When I was a kid we used to get unsuspecting town kids to piss on those fences....

·
Premium Member
43,662 Posts
^especially when out hunting for wild turkeys

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,490 Posts
Back on subject, when the Egg-on-facebook stock price nosedives on Monday, taking the Dow or S&P or NASDAQ with it, perhaps Wall Street will realize that the dot com bubble II is over, that investing in fads and businesses with no intrinsic value is stupid, and people might start investing in companies that actually make real, tangible, useful stuff again...

·
Registered
62,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Y'all keep your FB accounts... Zuckerberg lost $10B this week and will need your cooperation in getting it back. :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts