Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300D Turbo
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My dad's 83 300D's gauge cluster has had it i assume. The tach has been dead for a while for who knows what reason. Recently, his fuel, oil pressure, and temp gauges have been all wacky. Sometimes the fuel, oil, and temp gauges will die and the tach will work just fine for a few minutes. Then its back to the other way. Can anyone help? And i don't know if its a california car or not. It does qualify for cali emissions.

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Faulty dash cluster

Jason

Take the cluster out and remove all the different gauges. All of them share a common earth track which is probably dirty where the gauges cross over.

·
Registered
1987 300D Turbo
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it this weekend....

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it this weekend.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
5 Posts
Tip on Tach repair

Saw a great tip on tach fix one of these posts. It may work for you. Open the sending unit sensor which is a black round screw fitting on the drivers side under the hood. Unscrews and then separates with some prossure. When it is separated you will see a whit substance that looks like wax... this is silicone. Plac a piece of foam, sponge or packing popcorn (I'm told a cigarette filter works) between the cover and the silicone and close up the sensor and replace it. This works because it increases the contact pressure to the fitting. Could save you around $80 bucks if it works!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm selling a 123 Instrument Cluster on EBAY

I'm selling a 123 Instrument Cluster on EBAY
with ID number: 2434373004 take a look:

MERCEDES 123 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER Item number: 2434373004

Time left: 5 days 3 hours
7-day listing
Ends Oct-01-03 12:50:07 PDT
History: 1 bid (US $9.95 starting bid)
High bidder: durado( 61)

United States /Boston

Shipping and payment details

Seller information
cpappas1001( 3 )
Feedback rating: 3
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered Feb-24-03 in United States

Read feedback reviews
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items

Description

This Instrument Cluster is from a 1981 123 bodied car. The odometer does not work but all the other gauges do work. This should fit all the 123 bodied cars from its era.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping and payment details
Shipping and handling: See description above or contact the seller for more information
Buyer pays for all shipping costs
Will ship to United States only.
Seller's payment instructions:
Buyer will pay all shipping costs. Will only ship to US. I will ship via US Post Office as the cheapest way, unless winning bidder prefers a different shipping carrier.

Payment methods accepted

Money order/Cashiers check

Ready to bid?

MERCEDES 123 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
Current Bid: US $9.95
Your maximum bid: US $
(Enter US $10.45 or more)

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.
Learn about bidding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.