Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The bulb out warning light is coming on without reason. How does the system work is there a control unit that's gone faulty, all the conections at the lights look ok and it's got no aftermarket lights fitted.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,436 Posts
First check all exterior lights including license plates, brake lights including 3rd brake light and reverse lights, fog lights also, high and low beams. If all those are on and bulbs are matching wattage and brand as different can set it off like mentioned in other posts ( I have not personally had this issue) Then it may be the relay that is under the screwed down cover that is part of the fuse box. Its the longest relay in there and has a 126 part number on it.

Hope fully you wont have a basket case car like mine that the previous owner instead of replacing the relay rewired the rear lights in the trunk to make it go out. That took months to find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stripped down the rear lights, and cleaned up the connectors for the bulbs and where the bulb units plugs into the loom. There was some corrosion on the connections and the left reversing light was showing signs of melting in the past. All the bulbs look OK and match and I've also replaced some corroded fueses too. Since I've done that it seems OK, but I'm going to replace the left bulb mount when I have some spare cash to be on the safe side.

The intermitant wipe was also playing up, but after changing the multi function relay this morning when cleaning up the back lights that seemed to work ok in the down poor today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts