Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C200 kompressor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first Mercedes and my first time on this forum can any one help with this code thanks

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
Very likely, MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is the culprit. You can try and clean the MAF with CRC [MAF] cleaner. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you may just have to replace the MAF sensor.

With that code set, I am assuming "check engine" light on the dashboard is on. Other than that "check engine" light, is the car driving normal and engine running normal?

·
Registered
2001 C200 kompressor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very likely, MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is the culprit. You can try and clean the MAF with CRC [MAF] cleaner. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you may just have to replace the MAF sensor.

With that code set, I am assuming "check engine" light on the dashboard is on. Other than that "check engine" light, is the car driving normal and engine running normal?
the dash light was on, I reset it, it has not came back on ,the engine was running normal

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
MAF may be sending 'on the border line' data, the check engine light will come back. It's a matter of time...

In the mean time, at your convenience, you can buy CRC MAF cleaner and clean MAF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts