Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Unimog Moderator
13,899 Posts
That will bring "BaT" prices. The 406 Bagger is a nice machine, one of...377 made I think?

I used to have one, you can read my journy here:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
What's a bagger? I see your pic of it in the wintertime. I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, I ride around in my Roxor windshield down during most of the Kansas winter without problems.

BaT prices for sure; this puppy already at $14K, with a week to go. I think I'm outgunned on this one.

·
Unimog Moderator
13,899 Posts
What's a bagger? I see your pic of it in the wintertime. I don't think it's weird at all. In fact, I ride around in my Roxor windshield down during most of the Kansas winter without problems.

BaT prices for sure; this puppy already at $14K, with a week to go. I think I'm outgunned on this one.
Bagger was what the Germans called it I belive, just the nickname for backhoe maybe.

That one looks to be in primo condition, it'll fetch all the money.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I have use of a JD 410 w/backhoe, so I don't need the backhoe implement. Given how I see this auction going, I'll watch it but probably this Bud's not for me!

You're absolutely right, this is primo, and the seller is fully transparent.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Went to Goessel, KS today to attend their Country Threshing Days antique tractor show, and to speak with Brendon Nafziger, who had brought his MB4/94 Case to show me (unfortunately, it wasn't for sale). He did demo the machine, which is a 3-way w/20 speeds. I concluded that it would be perfect for my needs. In particular, he had it down in super-creeper, and I believe I'd be somewhere in that box to crawl down pasture lines for spraying. As a comparison to 1st gear in a 6-speed, he used 1st gear in the direct box, and I think that would be too fast.

I saw the bed tip, and finally observed the simple but ingenious gimbaling and hinge system which accomplishes that. Huge thanks to Brendon for confirming my initial assessment of what I'm looking for. Now to find one!

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

61 - 70 of 70 Posts