Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan that's connected to the radiator on my e55 seems to b on nearly all the time is this ment to b on all the time or is it a fault? The computer doesn't show any fault codes or anything? I was sure if it may b a problem that needs sorting. Could really do with some help b4 I go to the main dealer to ask.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Is it running without the ignition key in place?

There is a Notification in the WIS about such a fault caused by water ingress into the right front fuse/relay box via the cover (damaged/misfitted).

Now corrosion is caused at the contacts between the fuse/relay module & the SAM. So check out the right front fuse/relay box for signs of corrosion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I've just noticed it when the engine has been running. But the temp gauge is at normal. It's not on full te fan seems to run slow? Does it come on or other reason than to cool the engine? I will look at the fuses later when home so thanks for yor reply.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
But the temp gauge is at normal. It's not on full te fan seems to run slow? Does it come on or other reason than to cool the engine?
This electric powered fan, known as the auxillary fan (M4) is controlled from the AIR control module (N65/1), which uses outputs from BOTH the coolant temperature sensor, and the refrigerant pressure sensor. N65/1 is located in the front left wheelhouse. So this fan serves the coolant and the a/c systems.

If the coolant temperature looks OK, and your a/c system is working, this module N65/1 could be your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts