Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my cooling fan it is running at high RPM sounds like a jet engine fan. I did the scan and it gave be coolant temperature senor 1 fail error, but there is no CEL and the instrument dash gives a proper temperature.

After, I shut the car off the fan continue to run for another 30secs.

I recently did a flush got 7.5L out and added 50/50 Pentosin.

Any thoughts

Cheers,
Pin2

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Witek - I tried to clear the code but was getting an error, originally I had tried to clear the code since I was doing the flush I also upgrade my headlights to LEDs so I had a bunch of codes. I cleared it but at the time was running and idling in park, I knew I messed up because the key position was not on 2 or (on) state. The Fan spinning started at that point, I have the Foxwell scanner with MB SW but it won't allow me to clear the code.

Pin2

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the fan relay located I looked at the owner manual and there is no description in which fuse box has the relay?

I think it's a bad relay that is stuck and causing the issue.

Cheers,
Pin2

·
Premium Member
16,769 Posts
Witek - I tried to clear the code but was getting an error, originally I had tried to clear the code since I was doing the flush I also upgrade my headlights to LEDs so I had a bunch of codes. I cleared it but at the time was running and idling in park, I knew I messed up because the key position was not on 2 or (on) state. The Fan spinning started at that point, I have the Foxwell scanner with MB SW but it won't allow me to clear the code.

Pin2

What year and model?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the location.
Hey 43sqd,

Thanks for the details is this for sensor 1 or 2? Also, where is the fan relay located is this something that you can provide?

Pin2

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I am having an issue with my cooling fan it is running at high RPM sounds like a jet engine fan. I did the scan and it gave be coolant temperature senor 1 fail error, but there is no CEL and the instrument dash gives a proper temperature.

After, I shut the car off the fan continue to run for another 30secs.

I recently did a flush got 7.5L out and added 50/50 Pentosin.

Any thoughts

Cheers,
Pin2
Fan screams on high because of fault in ECM for faulty coolant temp sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts