Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying problem with my Bulb Out indicator in the instrument cluster. It keeps coming on intermittently, and there are no exterior bulbs blown. Please Help 2003 S430 Sidemarker Light?
[email protected]

·
Registered
2006 E350
62 Posts
Mine was caused by an intermittent floating ground

I experienced the same problem a few years ago on my 93 300E (W124).

One day I noticed that when I pressed on the brake pedal SEVERAL bulbs in the taillight assembly were coming on (not just the brake light bulb). I traced that to a bad ground. The ground side of all the bulbs were connected together with metal strips and in one spot all the strips were not making a good connection with each other due to age.

This problem had clearly plagued the previous owner for some time because when I acquired the car I noticed that the 'Bulb Out' indicator bulb in the dash had been removed. And because it was the brake light, guess what? Yup, the cruise control was also intermittently inoperative.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Not too many options there. The bulb may not be good even if it lights up (not only wrong wattage). The bulb contacts and base has to be good and clean for a good contact and then the wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts