Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a clk(non clk55) then dont be an idiot and put a clk55 sticker on the back of your car. Any one that knows the slightest bite about benzes can tell the differance. And will just laugh at you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fake S55

There was an "S55" in the warriors preferred parking lot last night so I parked next to it in my CLK55. However, when I got out to look at the S, I noticed they almost got it right...they had the skirts and wheels, but they removed the S400 badge (or whatever it was) and put a "fake" AMG badge on the left side of the trunk. At least they could have gotten the real badge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike why are you sooo pissed about people putting fake badges on their car.....???<br>I mean u r putting this message on every forum..<p>If they cant afford the reall thing might as well make it look like the real clk 55, if they have all the necessary exterior AMG modifications.<p>the difference between clk55 and clk320 is more than $30,000. The fake badge and exterior AMG kit and AMG exhaust would only cost me less than $3000 to spend...<p>I will keep my $27,000 left over for a lease payment of an S class.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pinto

Maybe you can use the extra $30,000 to drop a blown pinto engine in to since you obviously don't understand why you would own the 342 hp 8 in the clk 55 versus the anemic 6 in the 320 (its not just so you can have all the pretty badges!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AMG CLK430 parts

If you're looking for AMG CLK430 parts, I have 4 wheels with tires, springs, exhaust and badges ("CLK430") that I'm selling.<br> <br>Let me know if you're interested.<br> <br>Bryan<br>[email protected]<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Pinto

Be nice to Pintos. I have a CLK 55 now but I had a Pinto in college many years ago. It burned so much oil I put a 'Diesel' emblem off of a Mercedes on the rear hatch to keep from getting pulled over by the California pollution police.<br> -- Rick

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG
40 Posts
Who Cares

I pulled into a gas station the other right behind a 1998 CLK55 AMG, thought that was funny since they only started making them in 01. I talked to the kid briefly who explained that none of his friends knew the difference and he was proud of his car. He worked hard to purchase and freshen up his 98. And you know what, after that brief conversation I didnt feel anything but respect for this kid. He was doing it on his own, he was working hard on his ride, and most of all he was as proud of his rebadged CLK as I was of mine. Its not about the money, its not about the HP, its about feeling good in whatever your driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have a clk(non clk55) then dont be an idiot and put a clk55 sticker on the back of your car. Any one that knows the slightest bite about benzes can tell the differance. And will just laugh at you.
Who gives a damn if someone puts a CLK55 badge on their car? Are you the proper car badge police for mercedes? Nobody gives a damn how much you know about mercedes with insignificant rants like this. There was a forum member on the MBWorld forum with a beautiful CLK320 with AMG aero kit, 18" AMG repicas, and a CLK55 badge. He tried to hide nothing and his car looks awesome. Do a search for "Ahmed" on the other forum. While you are wasting time looking for proper car badges I'll be enjoying my future CLK320/430/500/55.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK430
91 Posts
I dont have a problem with putting 55 badges on a non 55 car. I only have a problem with...

I dont have a problem with putting 55 badges on a non 55 car. I only have a problem with people advertising a 430 or 320 as an "AMG." When i was first looking at a CLK i didnt know anything about mercedes and was almost suckered into buying an overpriced 430 because he was telling me it was an AMG. After some research I found that all the 430's have AMG wheels. I just think about the people buying them that really think they are AMGs.

·
Registered
1999 clk430
14 Posts
Re: I dont have a problem with putting 55 badges on a non 55 car. I only have a problem with

I dont have a problem with putting 55 badges on a non 55 car. I only have a problem with people advertising a 430 or 320 as an "AMG." When i was first looking at a CLK i didnt know anything about mercedes and was almost suckered into buying an overpriced 430 because he was telling me it was an AMG. After some research I found that all the 430's have AMG wheels. I just think about the people buying them that really think they are AMGs.
They also have the AMG bodykit.

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
"Be nice to Pintos. I have a CLK 55 now but I had a Pinto in college many years ago. It bu...

"Be nice to Pintos. I have a CLK 55 now but I had a Pinto in college many years ago. It burned so much oil I put a 'Diesel' emblem off of a Mercedes on the rear hatch to keep from getting pulled over by the California pollution police."

hahahahaha!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Re:

"Be nice to Pintos. I have a CLK 55 now but I had a Pinto in college many years ago. It burned so much oil I put a 'Diesel' emblem off of a Mercedes on the rear hatch to keep from getting pulled over by the California pollution police."

hahahahaha!
HAHAHA That's great - hey by the way, I like your mods! How much horsepower did the dust give you? ;0)

·
Registered
clk55 2002
65 Posts
Mike - 2/13/2001 10:17 PM

A 26 year old co-worker did the same to his E430 upgrading to AMG wheels, rims, exhaust, and emblem for that feeling. Yeah, it lacked the performance of an E55 but he was trying to be the player in the Newport Beach scene. What an idiot. [:(]

Funny part of the story was his g/f father worked at Flector Jones in Newport Beach & spotted the fake, question him. Once he lied he was done. [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts