Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a 2001 E55 (used). The MRSP was $72,095 new. What was the MRSP on a fully loaded 2001 E55? What am I not getting on this car with the $72,095 MRSP. One more question, what do you think about resale? Will sell after a year, my longest auto ownership was 2 1/2 years (97 Turbo). Thanks in advance, Paul.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That MSRP has either command or phone. I was talking to the dealer today about trade in, and they claim they got mid 60's for an '01 that had the roof clip replaced (hail damage). I would expect trade in to be mid to high 60's and retail high 60's to 70.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regrettably, prices have softened a bit....

Dealers still trying for list but have made 'modest' accomodations. Better deals on private party sales. 500 more E55s are expected in 2002 which should put more pressure on prices. I've heard total E55 production for the 99 through 02 model years will total 2000. Note the new E body style is scheduled for MY 03, perhaps mid-summer 02 roll-out. This should be the first major hit on prices. Second big hit comes with the new E55 AMG launch in the summer of 03 as an 04 model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts