Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched past posts for 2 days and have found no answer to my question: i tried to install the factory wind screen today. my problem: at the top of the screen (where it covers the roll bars) are two snaps, the manual only says "attach snaps". i can't see anything to attach them to. the side ones are obvious (they go thru the "hooks"), but the top ones have no obvious place to snap them to. can anyone tell me, or better yet: attach a picture of how these are to be used??[:I] thankx [:D]

·
Registered
SLK230
59 Posts
Snaps to nothing....

The two straps at the 10-2 o'clock positions on the bars simply snap to themselves. They don't go anywhere. The dealer installed mine prior to delivery. As a matter of fact, my windscreen "shrunk" - the velcro fastners don't keep the screen down and had to be secured with a cable tie. [:(!]

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy a plexiglass windscreen. You can get them at w w w . f o r m y m e r c e d e s. c o m. The factory windscreen does not do a heck of a lot, but the wind is greatly reduced with a plexiglass one. It is a worthwile investment if you drive with the top down a lot (and who doesn't!). I love mine.

PT

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
The factory windscreen does block the back flow of wind into the car to a pretty good extent. Unfortunatly rearward vision is greatly reduced.

I purchsed a plexiglass windsreen and it was worth it. Although after having it for a year if I had to do it over I think I would get the windscreen that goes only in the center section and not all the way across.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankx all for the input and advise. right now the plexy-glass one is out of my price range (we run an animal rescue with some where around 100 critters, all extra money goes to them. [:I]
but when it can time to get a "new" car; i got such a good deal on the slk; i'd be an idiot to pass it up) although the one for the s2000 looks pretty good and at $100, not a bad price. i'll put it on my christmas list [:D]

·
Registered
2006 SL500
180 Posts
I purchased one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42612&item=7963984450&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

What kind of "critters" do you take care of?

Regards,
David

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dlg - 3/31/2005 6:02 PM

I purchased one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42612&item=7963984450&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

What kind of "critters" do you take care of?

Regards,
David
do you like it?? (the windscreen)
until last may i used to say we were a sheep shy of being a petting zoo [:p]
we have:
horses,dogs,cats,chickens,pigs,goats,geese,a sheep and 1 brave mouse that lives in the chicken house [:eek:)]

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
linh - 4/1/2005 1:06 AM
Like the one i installed on my Slk 4 yrs ago

i seem to remember that you had to drill into your car to attach this....am i remembering correctly? can you "walk" me thru how you did it please???
thankx

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
linh - 4/1/2005 6:48 PM

Just drill two hole and tight it down with 2 nuts and 2 bolts. Btw, don't buy it from the dealer ($300). You can find one for around $100 on ebay or S2000 forum.

wellllllll, that sounds easy enough: thankx. [:D]
i saw them on the s2000 site for $95. i take it you like yours???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts