Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 CLS500.
My dealer offered me some kind of goofy propriatary Maintenace Plan that was like a gold, platinum, or standard.
It had NOTHING to do with Mercedes.
I called the 800 Mercedes number and after MUCH discussion they mailed me a two year old brochure that didn't even list the CLS class in it's Maintenance or Maintenance Plus plan.
What's going on, I can't seem to get any answers.
Does Mercedes offer a Maintenance Plan?
If so how do you find out information on this secret program?

·
Banned
2006 S500, 2003 ML350, 1996 C280 (Previously 2002 CLK320, 1995 C220, 1980 300SD TurboDiesel)
2,670 Posts
Here's my (very) humble opinion:

If you want to never worry about breaking it - lease it.

If you really love it and want it as a "buy and hold" per se. In that case - you don't want some *** touching it. Now if you aren't the "turn on the paul oakenfeld and put on the latex gloves when you work on Amy" (thats my car's name ---- if you don't name your MBZ go buy a BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) then you might want to take it to a mechanic. Once again you're talking to a purist with a car thats a mere 26 years older than your prospect.

All in all that deal sounds like bullshit.

kindest regards,
stig

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
It looks like the dealer wants to make money on you, by selling a non MB policy. I would not do it!
The standard new car warranty is 48 months of five years which ever comes first, and covers most things except wear and tear. In 01 and 02 they also included maintenance, oil, wiperrs, air fliters and items under the service "A" or "B" schedule under the new car warranty period. They also offered an extended warranty that had to be purchased during the first year that took over when the "new" car warranty ended this warranty (thru MBUSA) was available from 12 months to 48 months, and was either premium or basic. The basic coverd the drive train, and premium cuvered most things except the audio system, and self dimming mirors. It is much like the "starmark" warranty.I have only purchased a non manufacturer policy once on a new car, and was left holding the bag when I needed it since the company was not to be found, four years later.
They have since discontinued the free maintenance plan, my Extended Warranty brochure shows $3540 for S and CL 48 month premium coverage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter,
I'm OK with the Warranty.
I need to find ot information on the Mercedes Vehicle Maintenance Plan for my new car.
It's still a mystery if the factory sells them.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I dont know of a Mercedes maintenance plan, other than the one that I discussed, and now is not included and has been dropped. MB fades in and out on these things. My 92 S series included maintenance during the warranty period, then MB dropped it. My 01 E series had it, and dropped it last year I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter,
Yes, it sounds like they have dropped it entirely.
Although, it's silly that they don't even SELL one.
My 2000 Slk and my 2002 S500 had free maintenance,I knew they stopped giving away free but I though I could at least buy one.
Pretty short sighted on their part.
They even changed from A/B service and now have combinations of 1,2,and 3.
So now I'll just shop around to get the best service. If I could buy a plan Mercedes would keep my maintenance business. Now I'll check with a couple of non dealer shops.

·
Registered
13 Posts
MBUSA has essentially removed extended warranties from consideration. They are available but at premium prices & for only 2 years after original warranty expiration. They cannot be tranferred to a new purchase/lease or be pro-rated for refund. MBUSA is making a statement concerning the the long term quality & reliability of their products. You can purchase a Chrysler-Daimler warranty for less money which can be used at MB dealers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts