Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm replacing the bushings in the LCA's in Ole' Sadey. She's a 2001 E320 4Matic. Just noting the markings for ensure the new bushings are pushed into match and I noted the front LCA bushings are slightly askew. The inside is aligned with the plane of the LCA while the other is rotated a quarter turn. Should I match these when I push in the new ones?

Or was this a screw up from the factory and those two alignments should line up in the same linear plane with the LCA?

Also: I bought the Amazon 99 dollar bushing/bearing sleeve set to push out and push in these bushings. Imagine my surprise when my first bushing was the rear.

I found a way to push that out with a 70 dollar Harbor Freight tool (50 if you're a club member). 2 minutes. It not only came out like butter, it popped out like a fake cork from a bottle of Baby Duck. I'm going to film the passenger side and upload it here for every to spread world wide cause that 200 dollar+ jobby for one bushing a side is a rip job.

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
1,032 Posts
Does this help?

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep that did. I read this somewhere in the last week as well but forgot and yes the bushings are indeed supposed to be like that in a 4matic. Thanks for the help!

“you are supposed to install the bushing differently on a 4matic. On the 4matic, they are supposed to be - in line with plane of the LCA on the inner side and at 90 degrees with the plain on the outer side.”

1 - 3 of 3 Posts