Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
It should be...

in the trunk on the passenger's side if you have the optional Bose Audiopilot system.

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
How about where it is located with basic radio?

Drew,
I have a 2002 C240 with basic equipment. No BOSE or anything like that. The radio has a Mercedes name on it and has a phone keypad on the right and buttons for the Phone (which I don't have), the CD, the Radio, and the Tape on the left. There is an LCD screen in the center that flips down to reveal a tape player.

I have taken off the side panels on both the right and the left in the trunk and don't see any amp behind either.

Actually, I am looking for the amp because I was told that that is where to tie-in the fiber optic cable for the phone.

Do I have an amp of any kind and do you know where it might be? If there is no amp, where would you assume the tie-in for the phone fiber optics would be?

Thanks,

Dick

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Oh in that case...

I'm not sure if you do have an amp other than what is built into the factory headunit. The fibre optics would run up and terminate to somewhere behind the radio headunit, I would imagine. Even with the Bose system it doesn't run to the amp. Why would you want to know? Are you thinking of installing the phone yourself? I'm not sure if I'd recommend it if this is the case because it requires playing around with the fibre optic ring, from what I can recall.

·
Registered
C 320
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Drew

going to try to find it tomorrow when I do the install of the tv and dvd!![:D]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I hope that I'm right..

going to try to find it tomorrow when I do the install of the tv and dvd!![:D]
Good luck with the installation. Post pictures or at least keep us up to date if you can! [:)]

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Why I want to know is...

...because as a kid would say, because I do! Seriously, it's because I am interested in trying to determine whether it would be possible for me to tie in to the fiber loop myself. I wouldn't do it, however, if I discover that I might do some major damage. So, I'm just trying to obtain relevant information!

Dick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts