Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just noticed after trying out the "Panic" button on the key fob for my 320 that the siren does not go on nor do the lights flash. After more detective work I noticed that I can not turn off the tow away alarm or trigger the factory alarm by opening a door while the system is apparently armed.

The light on the tow away switch does flash when the alarm is armed, the dome lights work for both doors, the parking lights flash three times when locking and once when unlocking via key fob, connections on the siren appear fine and not corroded as well every fuse (in trunk, in cab and under hood) check out ok after metering.

I am stumped guys, everyone seems to have issues with the siren not working but their lights flash (from the search engine results). Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys,

Marc

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe even if someone can just give me a location on the module(s)? I've read in my searches that maybe the foot well on the passenger side (which I found one module under the steel plate behind the carpet) or also the fender/inner wheel well area, passenger side. I have found and removed the siren (still need to test).

If anyone can confirm these areas and possibly what I am looking for exactly as far as markings or appearance of the module would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Marc

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Hi

Those items you have listed are all other things...

If you have feature Code 491 (USA) or 551a (elsewhere) your ATA control module is integrated into the PSE control module, which provides compressed air and vacuum for door lock actuation, etc. This is located behind panelling on the r/h side in the trunk. It is enclosed inside a foam cube.

To remove the ATA control module, release a retaining clip on the conector. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, now maybe I can get somewhere with this bloody thing. I have code 551, not sure if there is a big difference between this and 551a or not. At least it gives me a starting point. Thanks keyhole.

Marc

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I managed to find the module with the pump in the rear of the car. Everything appears to be in order (nothing unplugged, PC board intact with no burnt smell, burns or cold solder joints on the components). I haven't had a chance to meter anything yet though. I also tried arming/locking the car whilst the trunk was open and all appears proper in the fact that it would not flash the parking lights unless that zone is secure (trunk closed, etc.). I don't get it, the lights should at least start flashing if the alarm was tripped or the panic button pushed. I'll keep plugging away.

Marc

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Ignore the panic button for the moment.

What happens if you lock the car with the driver's window down. The ATA should be armed, and the led on the dash should flash accordingly.

Now reach inside the car and open the driver's door. That should trigger the alarm - unless the system is faulty, or has been inhibited somehow.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried that and nothing happens, I even tried it with the trunk (holding the pin in and releasing to see if I could trigger it) and nothing. Oddly, the dash light keeps flashing...Actually I even popped the hood while sitting in the car with the alarm armed and all that happened was the interior dome light came on, but same result.

Marc

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have the WIS diagram for the alarm/central locking system on the w208 (option 551) that they can PM me?

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts