Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of making a transplant between the broken part of my original bumper and the infamous bumblebee bumper which I got last year.

I have been working on this project slowly over the last 2 month making the accessory wiring for fog lights, DRL, lower mesh grills, paint...etc

I have used the middle bracket of old bumper in the construction of the DRL.

Here are some pics, more will follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I kept driving with a glued broken bumper for a year, wasn't happy witht he situation but didn't have time to do anything about it.
IMG_0016.jpg

Grill construction was not easy, requires some 3D shaping and using a paper templet.

IMG_0022.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chopping it

I placed original bumper and chopped lower part of "Bumble bee bumper" next to eachother, measurements were almost identical on area of cut. The main idea is to keep the good support of original bumper and simply use the cosmetic lower part of newer bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats a great job! :bowdown:
you can been fill the bolts and repaint in order to be hidden

Give us a different angle photo, a 3/4 would be nice.
Also what is the height of the bumper now from the bottom of the bumper to the ground, I want to compare to mine.

The spare bumper is from R171 AMG?

Good job again man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A 3/4 angle

The moment I put original bumper under the knife I knew there was no turning back lol

I like the way bolts are looking, the car looks more vicious and aggressive that way (compensates for angel eyes), also the DRL are R172 style :p

I attached another photo, the white spots are primer I placed in areas of suspected rust which I didn't have the time to paint.

Bumper is lower by about 1-2 inch, I am working on modifying the splash guard to close gap

As for bumper used, it is the "bumble bee" bumper, just google it in here, you'll find some photos of a funny looking yellow/black car with chicken wire grill lol

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts