Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you are F1 fan but F1 Bahrain Grand prix 2005 is the best grand prix I ever seen for 2 years!!

·
Registered
SLK 27/Jan/2005
102 Posts
Wahahaha!! especially the part where the McLaren Mercedes overtook BMW driven by Webber!!

Jon

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Not that driving an F1 car is ever easy but with 108 F air temp and fine sand blowing around it had to take a super human effort to finish this race.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
JonnyBravo - 4/3/2005 8:28 AM

Wahahaha!! especially the part where the McLaren Mercedes overtook BMW driven by Webber!!

Jon
and nevermind the fact that the McLaren Mercedes driver that passed Webber's BMW so handily was a back-up test-driver to replace the injured JPM. Also not to shabby for the back-up driver to turn in the fastest lap of the day on the Bahrain circuit.

This season's McLaren Mercedes cars are fast! A few more races and further tuning and they'll get some wins. Still have my fingers crossed that the engines don't blow up.

Lastly, nice to see team Scuderia get their healthy serving of humble pie.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Agree. Watched the race in a sports bar in London with a bunch of other fans, great atmosphere.

A good race indeed. 3rd and 5th for McLaren MB - maybe we are finally on to something.

Hubie

·
Registered
SLK 350
10 Posts
It is great to see there may be life in McLaren but in my opinion the races this year are a bore. We are 3 races into the season and have yet to see a pass for the lead. Qualifying is a joke as far as entertainment value goes yet I still watch every session because I love F1. Bring back the 12 lap qualifying format or the 10 lap sprint races that have been proposed. This single lap stuff is making me crazy.

Spa last year was a great race. Kimi was unreal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts