Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 B200 Turbo
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, we recently bought a used MB200T and the deal included the B service and other things, we have the list of all the things that were changed, however, we are now overdue 5 days of the "F service" can anyone guide us as to how to respond,

and also, consider the fact that we had an unfortunate luck in that a stone hit our windshield and created a big crack in the window from the left side to the drivers view and thus the windshield has to be replaced but we are not doing it through MB i think..., anyone?:eek:

PS we are located in burlington, near toronto

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
There are some guidelines about the service codes here. About the windshield, I'd check if someone else has it and can install it professionally only let's say if the price is lower than the dealership. Good luck and keep us posted on your findings! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
GLK350 2011 Gone, B200 Turbo CVT 2009 Gone, GL320 CDI 2008, B200 Turbo CVT 2006 Gone
354 Posts
I had windshield replaced by apple auto glass our dealer is not doing it by himself.
Actually we had two windshields replaced one on our first B200 Turbo and one on GL.
They did great job.
Only request to get original windshield from Mercedes dealer.

There is a small silver stamp on the replaced windshield if it is from Mercedes dealer.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Good advice; aftermarket glass can be rubbish. I have seen the black stuff that the urethane adheres to peel off like lacquer on AutoStock and similar aftermarket glass (hello leaks!).

·
Registered
2009 B 200
150 Posts
Same here, i had one replaced by speedy glass but the windshield was from mercedes. Mine was rain sensing and speedy glass did a fantastic job. Insurance should cover under it comprehensive with no increase in premium minus the deductions.

·
Registered
2007 B200 Turbo
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks for your useful information!

Well just here to update you, when My dad picked me up from the university GO bus today I noticed a new windshield, now finally the world looks clear and I have a new vision in life :cool:

My dad had made an appointment with speedy glass, he delayed it to try and find other ones but those never called back. Thus he decided choose speedy. We were originally going to use the insurance cover but our deal makes it so we pay 500 dollars and the insurer pays anything above, since the cost was 650$ we decided not to claim and pay it ourselves as it was most of the charge anyways.

We have not found the service manual yet to investigate what an F service consists of but we will look closely to see if it is needed. We received the car around august and it came with B service including windshield, oil, spark plugs among others.

What I am worried about now however is that along the chrome trim at the sides near the bottom of the door, there are some spots underneath the trim which have a copper like color, as if its rust. If its helpful I will take pictures.

Also my dad bought winter tires and we have yet to get the rims, I will post the specs here and maybe you can help us out as we have never prepared a mercedes for winter before :newbie:

Anyways I can take the B200 tomorow for university haha:D, it may not be the typical sports carfor students in 20s but whatthe heck I love the car

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
The fact that the B isn't sold in the States might mean that there's maybe no aftermarket parts available. So Canadian Auto Glass places may have to go with OEM, I had mine replaced once (not rain sensing) and they had to order it from the dealer since no aftermarket was available.

Anthony

·
Registered
2007 B200 (traded), 2013 Veloster, 2009 Escape
261 Posts
Hi guys, we recently bought a used MB200T and the deal included the B service and other things, we have the list of all the things that were changed, however, we are now overdue 5 days of the "F service" can anyone guide us as to how to respond,

and also, consider the fact that we had an unfortunate luck in that a stone hit our windshield and created a big crack in the window from the left side to the drivers view and thus the windshield has to be replaced but we are not doing it through MB i think..., anyone?:eek:

Apple Auto Glass on Fraser Dr near Burlington Bowl. They replaced my Escape's windshield with a Carlite (Ford OE) and don't use aftermarket junk. Good guys that have been in the business a long time. I suspect they will use a MB windscreen - or possibly a Carlite or one of the other OE suppliers - as there won't be any second tier products available for that car. Their price will also include all new mouldings where some shops will reuse the old ones.

PS: The Carlite windscreen for my Escape was $390 retail and the aftermarket one was $177. Which one do you want in front of you in a collision?

·
Registered
GLK350 2011 Gone, B200 Turbo CVT 2009 Gone, GL320 CDI 2008, B200 Turbo CVT 2006 Gone
354 Posts
Yes it cost me 650 too same price like replacing windshield on our GL.
Great vision and no milions of small stars in the windshield when driving towards sun.
The chrome pieces do look like they are staining the paint good polish and chrome polish will fix it. They looked like the are rusting but it was just from brakes residue.

·
Registered
2006 B200 Turbo, 2004 350z, 1991 AWD Previa
53 Posts
F Service

I have my F service light over due 20 days now (60000kms). After reading the codes it was determined my B needed spark plugs and a CVT service amongst other more minor stuff. So off it went to the dealer just to do the plugs and CVT service. Prices came out just a little over $300 for each :crybaby2:. The other thing it needed was brake fluid flush (DOT4+), but I did that when I replaced the brake pads a few months ago. All that's left to do is an oil and oil filter ($10) and replace cabin combo filter ($60) which I purchased at the stealer when I picked up the car yesterday. I have been using Castrol Syntec 0w30 for engine oil in the B....just saying :thumbsup:

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
You paid twice what I was charged for the spark plug change at Three Point Motors. Ouch!

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
I have been using Castrol Syntec 0w30 for engine oil in the B....just saying :thumbsup:
+1. It's in the jetta, but the dealer always uses Mobil 1 5w30. I want them to go 0w30. It's great for those -30C day starts.

Anthony

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
0W40 Mobil 1 here....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts