Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
09 ML 320
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete Set left and right 220 S class head light lens, both are used but clear could use some light cleaning, all retaining clips are in order and both are in 100% working order with no defects other than needing to be cleaned. dearlership charges over 200$ for each lens I offer both for 100$ or one for 65$ plus shipping just give me your zip we use paypal
Thank You

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 S500 Brilliant Silver and Black Leather. 20 inch CLS AMG Rims.
168 Posts
HI. Did you buy these lens or did you take your headlights apart? If you did take it apart then how? thank you

·
Registered
09 ML 320
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
These lenses came off of a 04 or 05 S Class, there are retaining clips around the headlight that you can release to get the cover off but be careful they can break easily if you not careful, If its your first time attempting this I would take the headlights out which you will have to remove the front bumper but its not very hard, we do these lenses at the dealership all the time, whether they start to fade and customers want a new set or customers get a new set of aftermarket headlights and thats how I got these there is nothing wrong with them but I already sold the actual headligths and I had the lenses still layign around :) If you have any other questions let me know
Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey,
These lenses came off of a 04 or 05 S Class, there are retaining clips around the headlight that you can release to get the cover off but be careful they can break easily if you not careful, If its your first time attempting this I would take the headlights out which you will have to remove the front bumper but its not very hard, we do these lenses at the dealership all the time, whether they start to fade and customers want a new set or customers get a new set of aftermarket headlights and thats how I got these there is nothing wrong with them but I already sold the actual headligths and I had the lenses still layign around :) If you have any other questions let me know
Thanks
Thanks. I have a 2001 s 500 and i have headlight lenses like these (by the way 03 and up have more clearer lenses without all those groves i think). I wanted to buy new headlights to get the clearer headlight look that i think would bring out the front but the ones on ebay or that i have seen i think would make me lose the auto adjusting headlight. So instead can i buy the clearer lens and put it on my headlights?

·
Registered
09 ML 320
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I don't see why not I am 90% sure that we have installed newer style lenes for that exact reason and your right these are the older style, but the headlights are the exact same shape and have the same mounting clips so I believe it would def work

·
Registered
09 ML 320
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can find me the part number for the newer style lenses i can get you a price at the dealership monday I get a discount i don't know if it can help you or not but at least you will know if your getting a good deal or not if you find a set you like

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you can find me the part number for the newer style lenses i can get you a price at the dealership monday I get a discount i don't know if it can help you or not but at least you will know if your getting a good deal or not if you find a set you like
This would be great. Ill look for the part number for it. If anyone knows the part number can you please post it or pm me it please. Thanks

·
Registered
09 ML 320
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not completely certain but I'm not even sure they make this style anymore I think when you order a new set it is the clear newer style anyway but I'm not 100% on that

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not completely certain but I'm not even sure they make this style anymore I think when you order a new set it is the clear newer style anyway but I'm not 100% on that
Ok Thanks for all the information and help. I really appreciate it. Could you find out if they only make clear ones because i gues if the only make that then it will have to fit.

·
Registered
09 ML 320
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they do still make both styles there is a vin break when you order them so all I need is a VIN number off a newer style S Class and I will be able to get the price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts