Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F/S 1988 300CE Black/Gray 160k miles $3250 in PA

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  baddsm 
#1 · (Edited)
F/S 1988 300CE Black/Gray 160k miles $2850 in PA

I am putting up a feeler on my 88 300CE. I have done many many upgrades and repairs and it s currently running great. It is about to turn over 160k miles and is my daily driver. This car has heated seats which work. The reason for the sale is that I have decided to get a car loan and get a newer and more practical daily driver and would use this as a down payment. This is a very nice driving car. Very tight and smooth and quiet.
Inspected through the end of the year. I drove this car From PA to Miami and back 3 months ago. No problems. I am willing to deliver this car a couple hundred miles away for the cost of gas and tolls.
This is a short list of modifications and repairs that have been performed on the vehicle to give you an idea of the condition of the car.
Bilstein HDs all around
new front strut tops
CLK lightweight wheels
Bosch cap and rotor, wires and backing plate
Correct non resistor plugs
Keyless entry and remote start although remote start portion is not hooked up
94-95 taillights
91 coupe rear fill panel
hella euro front corner lights
newer tierods and drag link
4 wheel alignment 2 months ago
new muffler and pipe
new injectors
w210 steering wheel
SLK shifter knob and shifter base
Rebuilt top end with new cam, rockers, seals, guides and head gasket.
New water pump
140 amp alternator upgrade
DEPO headlights
new pads and slotted rotors all around
all new radiator hoses including those that go to/from the heater core
newer radiator nissen
new overflow tank
new belts
new front oil seal
new oil pressure sensor
new exhaust manifold studs
new air bypass hoses
new bosch idle control valve
new fuel pump relay
new condenser and dryer and the car has been converted to 134a although I had the system filled 3 months ago and it must have a leak as the system is empty again
flushed and refilled trans, power steering, rear diff, brake fluid, etc.
replaced rear diff bushings.
HD drivers side engine mount with new motor mounts
Audio:
JVC flip face cd player
Blaupunkt component front speaker set
Orion 4 channel amp and 10" Blau sub in sealed box.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. Oh and also has the front flex discs, new factory later model rocker bolts ($100 alone) which are slightly longer to address possible pulling out of the threads in the head.
Replaced rear speakers with blaus, fuel filter, and newer factory white mercedes battery and upgraded power wires from alternator to distribution block. Wix air filter and fresh oil change.
Roof rack has been sold.

#7 ·
Yes you can view it. Very nice driving car. There is a small crack in the front air dam where the tow hook cover is. Must have been from towing at some point and never got around to replacing the front bumper cover. I will take some high res shots of the car this week and post it online for you to see.

#10 ·
Someone PM's me and asked me is there anything that doesnt work and the only thing I can think of is the AC due to the freon leaking out of somewhere. Havent had it checked out. Everything else works. The car isnt mint but its a nice driving car that drove every day till I got my new car. Its one of those cars that looks really good from 15 feet away but like any car thats almost 25 years old if you get up close you see imperfections.
Someone will be happy owning this car and I would be willing to drive it out to someone potentially to sell the car.

#14 ·
Price Drop

Ok well I have to move this car out so I will lower the price down to $2850.
No one has taken a look at the car yet but im sure if someone did they would buy it.
Its like giving it away at this price! :)
Can deliver car up to a couple hundred miles away for gas and tolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.