Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo seriously what the F is up with that shiz. Fuggin' 4+ FOR PREMIUM? You mother funkers can't be SERIOUS. Heard it was going to be 6 bucks for regular in a few months! F is up with that shit? Greedy ass bastards could eat a Llama's asshole for real man.

Just when prices for the last generation of CL65s were DROPPING, now I'm thinking of getting a SmartCar to add to my amazing collection of 2 cars. I already got 12 cylinders to feed, don't need another 12 in ONE CAR.

Shit, I'm about to start walking for real, good thing I stay in shape, or maybe buy a giant dog and ride it across town, how much weight can a Great Dane carry?

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...and that's supposed to make it any better?

That's like telling a guy who got stabbed 5 times, to go ask a guy who got stabbed 10 times, how it was like.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
Yea.. is horrible. My truck takes regular and its like 3.85 and when I went to fill my benz it was over 4.00 for prem. It was truly an eye opener to pay over 4 bucks a gallon for gas. Toyota Prius here I come.

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
$4.69 at the 76 station down the block for premium, downtown Seattle. It is now costing me about $125 per week for both cars.

·
Registered
CLK55 AMG Cab
276 Posts
Yeh man, the days of big block V8's are coming to an end..... GM, Nissan and others are already selling engines with fuel mgmt / cylinder shut off systems. Mercedes has plans to do this as well they better get on the ball.

Good call on the Prius considering Toyota sells more of those than Cadillac sells cars....... just get a lifetime battery maint. plan on it!

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is really funny is on CNN today they were talking about how oil is 'scarce' now, which is complete bullshnitz. They were saying the middle eastern countries still use more oil than we do, and they are the ones hogging it up.

I find it hilarious, I can't believe people actually buy that crap.

It's obvious we went there for oil, amongst other agendas, but the point is we control the oil. That may lead someone to question gas prices, if we control it, then why is it so expensive? It's because the oil companies are greedy and are obviously intertwined with certain agendas. That's going to crash the country, watch. As if we haven't already been declining.

The prices will never go back down either, which seriously sucks, considering there is no real shortage. If there was a real shortage, then A. this would have happened long ago before we hit this point, or B. we would have been prepared for it earlier, or at least preparing for it earlier.

sucks, sucks, sucks, going from looking to purchase this:

to this:

The CL65 is like, "Hi, this is my son."

·
Registered
'02 CLK 230 Kompressor
30 Posts
Well guies here in France it cost me about 90€ ( = $140) to full fill my car ! :crybaby2:

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
159 Posts
"From this... to this..." that's funny.
Check this video clip of a super smart car
http: // www. you tube .com / watch?v= oPQIizRp9ck

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Well guies here in France it cost me about 90€ ( = $140) to full fill my car ! :crybaby2:
I hear you!

It's pretty much the same here too! It's nearly £1.30 per litre here in the UK. :crybaby2:

France, eh..... I'll be driving on your turf soon for the Le Man racing!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
My older brother is a stock broker and told me to get a hybrid asap. They are looking at 10-15 / gallon within 2 years... Apparently the Biggest oil well in the world has passed its mid-point and it will dry up in about 5 years, and the demand is still there.. But what really gets to me is seeing a big ass SUV with only one person inside... I just want to yank those idiots out and tell him because people like them we are all fu#*ed.

·
Registered
CLK55 AMG Cab
276 Posts
I hope gas prices continue to rise to $15 because then people(including me) will realize the luxury and necessity of the automobile and not take it for granted like driving across town for a freakin' ice cream. We can no longer ignore it, we have to face the shit we put ourselves into.

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
Three days later from my last post and premium is up to 4.76

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude it's ridiculous, I barely even drive anymore. I mean, shit with these gas prices, I think that even if I needed to drive to the hospital because I was dying I'd probably call for a ride instead of driving.

I think we can all agree driving our cars is awesome, I'd constantly drive my car because it is a joy, but now, every time I hit a stop light I hear a 'cha'ching' sound effect. I'm going to start marking dollar signs next to my speedometer.

·
Registered
01 CLK430
65 Posts
I'm going to start marking dollar signs next to my speedometer.
It’s already easy to calculate without drawing dollar signs. If one gets 20 miles per gallon and premium is over $4 (which means one has to make $5 before taxes in order to pay $4 at the gas pump), then each mile costs $0.5 or $1 round trip. So, you go for the ice-cream across town 5 miles away, you just added $5 to the total price of your ice-cream. Paid $10 for four cones – you, your wife and your kids – you actual bill = $15. or 50% increase of the original purchase.
You ran for groceries to your local store 4 miles away - $40 in purchases just became $44 or 10% increase of your total receipt.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
It’s already easy to calculate without drawing dollar signs. If one gets 20 miles per gallon and premium is over $4 (which means one has to make $5 before taxes in order to pay $4 at the gas pump), then each mile costs $0.5 or $1 round trip. So, you go for the ice-cream across town 5 miles away, you just added $5 to the total price of your ice-cream. Paid $10 for four cones – you, your wife and your kids – you actual bill = $15. or 50% increase of the original purchase.
You ran for groceries to your local store 4 miles away - $40 in purchases just became $44 or 10% increase of your total receipt.
Man you need to get out more !

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Hahaha - I actually quite like this educational response.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts