Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the german web site for car trades mobile.de - Deutschlands größter Fahrzeugmarkt. Suchen, kaufen oder verkaufen Sie Neu- und Gebrauchtwagen. And I found this
Pkw-Inserat: Detailansicht

98 C220 Diesel Stationwagen with 743 600km which is about 465 000 miles. Seems very impressive to me so I decided to share with you guys.
I saw another one (a sedan) with about 680 000km I think. A diesel again. There is alot of w202 220D which are used as taxis over there.
But our poor gassers wont go any further then 350k miles (I think).

·
Registered
672 Posts
But our poor gassers wont go any further then 350k miles (I think).
Why do you figure that? While my '95 C280 has only 120k miles (and runs like new) My buddy also has a '95 C280 but with almost 300k miles! and it also runs like new! I believe a well takin care of Mercedes engine can definitly reach 1 million kilometers, No Problem!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you figure that? While my '95 C280 has only 120k miles (and runs like new) My buddy also has a '95 C280 but with almost 300k miles! and it also runs like new! I believe a well takin care of Mercedes engine can definitly reach 1 million kilometers, No Problem!
I hope you are right man. It's just what I have read in forums and I have not seen anyone with more then 330k on a gas engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts