Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes C180 W203, dumped on 20" rims, limo tint all round.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have a 2001 C180 2 litre petrol, and I have only had it for a few months, but as the weather is getting hotter here, the throttle response (after idling) is near dangerous ....

Sometimes it can take up to 3 - 4 seconds for the car to move forward, once it starts to move it takes off like normal ...

When the weather is cooler, it never happens, and it only happens when the car has come back to an idle. It feels progressively worse with ambient temperature rising. It doesn't affect it on the highway. Only after the car is driven slow or stopped for any amount of time.

I haven't really had a good look under the hood, but it feels like it may be a fly by wire type throttle system ... not cable?

Is this a common problem with these cars? Anyone heard of this before?

The car never stops, but its terrible to drive, and really bad if you need to jump out into traffic in a hurry.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Have you tried using the manual automatic mode to hold a lower gear, and see if that helps?

·
Registered
Mercedes C180 W203, dumped on 20" rims, limo tint all round.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply,

I haven't tried that but I don't think its a high gear selection problem, there is no engine RPM increase at all when you press the accelerator.

Its like you press the accelerator and the part that actually turns the TB plate (servo motor maybe? haven't had much to do with fly by wire stuff), is not getting a signal for a every delayed amount of time.

But why this is being affected by ambient heat temp has got me stumped .... unless the air intake sensor plays a roll in its function and is messing up?

On a hot day, it will run normal for around 15 mins till it reaches operating temp, then the more it heat soaks the worse it gets. But only on initial acceleration. If you are already moving it doesn't seem to affect it ...

weird eh ....

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
The engine will cut timing if internal air temperatures go to high, but I don't think that is your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts