Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190E Benz
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get extractors put in my 87 2.0 190E? Sorry if it seems like a silly question [:I]

What else can be done to the car to give it a bit more poke, they are just soooo slow [:(]

cheers - Jodie.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
Ansa Supersprint makes tubular exhaust headers for the M102 motor, but they have a tendency to crack if there's excess vibration from the engine. Rather than changing the manifold, you might benefit from a low restriction cat/muffler.

As discussed before, the W201 and most Mercedes were never meant to be tire smoking, stop light GP cars. The W201 was designed and geared to be a long legged hwy cruiser, but with a shorter wheelbase that still retained larger chassis comfort. Short of forced air induction or engine swaps, there's not many cost effective ways of adding HP.

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3 (Sold)
210 Posts
As MTI said the Supersprint headers are known to crack. But I do believe that Remus made headers also, but I dont believe that are available anymore and they might not even of made any for a 2.0.

My advice is have a shop make a custom header and cat-back exhaust and that should give you some more power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts