Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
W126 420SE & W126 300SE
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to get the exterior trim bits off at the sides of the doors, the black strips? Do you just pull them off?

Thanks
Norm

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,109 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to get the exterior trim bits off at the sides of the doors, the black strips? Do you just pull them off?

Thanks
Norm
if you mean the rocker panels/sideskits, i just posted the same question in 126 forum.one of us should get an answer hopfuly! as im trying to take the fender off & think there are 2 screws behind it that need to be removed( the posts are fender removal, help )

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,109 Posts
i will be posting a few diy threads, & taking the side molding skirts off will be in there. ( with ample pics ) thanks to others knowledge i got mine off.you use a flat pry bar, the one i used was perfect, 2" wide, taperd spring steel, very flat. feel around on the bottom next to rocker panel by slipping it, or a putty knife under the panel side to side to locate where the clips are, use the bar which is almost as thin, but stronger to pop the clips,then pull it down out of its groove! simple once you know.

·
Registered
W126 420SE & W126 300SE
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a W126 you are working on or a W116? I think the trim bits are quite different but then maybe it is the same method for getting them off. With the W126 the trim goes all the way to the bottom of the door whereas on the W116 its only a thin strip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts